Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 07:19 PM

Default AA---Too much aggression here....

Villian has low PFR and vpip of 28% seems like a weak player. Is there a point that I should slow down here considering the preflop actions?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

River: (25.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls $18.50 (All-In), Hero calls.

Final Pot: 30.17 BB
Old 12-08-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: AA---Too much aggression here....

Looks ok to me. Probably another AA but hopefully a KK.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:27 PM

I think so, unless hes a maniac, at first i was thinking he had like KK and ur taking this moron to the cleaner, but I dont discount 99, will he play AKs clubs this way perhaps?
Im slowing down on the turn personally, call his bet call his river bet, hope not to see 99, 88, or 66...
Old 12-09-2005, 01:31 AM

My thoughts were but he open capped he didnt reraise or anything of that sort. So my thoughts were high pockets.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:40 AM

I think you need to settle down at some point on the turn. You have kept the pedal to the floor all the way, so as soon as a seemingly weak player raises the turn I back off and call him down. You are correct that his preflop actions sure look like a high pocket pair out of a guy who doesn't do much preflop raising, but eventually the postflop action has to make you reconsider. A similar situation occurs when a low one card straight possibility hits the board and guy continues to go crazy. You just know he can't have a 2! But always remember that these monkeys can have damn near anything at any time.

Cartman
Old 12-09-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
will he play AKs clubs this way perhaps?

[/ QUOTE ]
Rule that one out.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:59 AM

If he's slightly weak as you describe, KK starts looks slimmer after his turn 3-bet. At that point, I would just call down. I think we see 99 a lot, then the other AA. KK is his 3rd most likely hand.