Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > ISOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Suggestions

what makes ANY tournament different from any other tournament?

but yes, the buy-ins are high for the main events while it will be mostly satellite driven.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:15 AM

I second the mixed game suggestion (for future years).
Old 01-10-2005, 06:17 AM

I'd suggest there needs to be a 'no deals' policy on all tournaments.

This is not because I'm against dealmaking, particularly in high stakes tournaments, but because each site has different policies with regard to them - some allow them, some don't. I think allowing deals at some sites and not others (under their standard policies) would devalue the overall event.

Also, I'd love to see some sort of attempt made to stop blatant stalling in the later stages of events, although I'm not sure how you'd enforce this other than having a live TD monitoring this and taking action where necessary.

Sheriff
Old 01-10-2005, 11:39 AM

A stable for my critters.

If my goat and sheep are wondering around I get distracted as I worry I will lose them like I did my chicken. Now if my bison in heat or Phil the crazed cross dressing cow decide they want to mingle......well let's just say they are much harder to kidnap than my chicken is.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Other games.

It was mentioned in the other thread and I know you've got only HE planned for this year though, but what about a smaller parallel series of events: PLO, Limit O8, Limit HE, PLO8, Stud, Stud8. PLus the other stuff like Razz, Lowball etc. Sites have these games and I'm sure plenty of folk would like to prove themselves the best at these events.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I asked if they could start a ladies circuit where they play these games and drink creme soda.

Keep Go fish and Old Maid away from the real men that play NO LIMIT HOLD'em. I wanna be able to plop my fat ass down in front of pc, down a few Big Macs, and play a man's game.

Perhaps we need to start the estrogen forum for the ladies that want to play Omaha Hi/Blow? I for one don't sit when I take a leak.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I for one don't sit when I take a leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, when I bring my laptop in the bathroom with me. Easier than standing and I don't have to miss any hands.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I for one don't sit when I take a leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, when I bring my laptop in the bathroom with me. Easier than standing and I don't have to miss any hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is cool, I never said I had anything against women.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and I don't have to miss any hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I feel more satisfied when I DO manage to miss my hands while taking a leak.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:21 PM

I'd suggest there needs to be a 'no deals' policy on all tournaments.

i REALLY like this Sheriff, but i know i will be vetoed. i pledge to raise the debate on making this a policy in year 2, but there is no chance we can demand this until season one is over, then we will ask you guys for input regarding this for season 2.

there's gonna be a ton of dough on the tables, so it is tough to tell them what to do with their own money. however, with our planned radio coverage, it sure would make for better entertainment with a no chop policy.

great suggestion imo, and we will explore it further.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:04 AM

I think a centralized registration and cashier would make much sense. While the unavailability of your prefered screen name may not be a big thing I see that there are certain deposit limits. At least these will prevent someone from buyin directly so he got to play the satellites. For me personally that could be a "no-go" criteria as I am not going to open an account and deposit the maximum amount (like 600$ or something) and still have not guaranteed my participation.

So, a centralizied site/database/cashier could be the best to come around these problem. Far from possible I would say with your apparent "non-profit" (lol) organization. Why the hell nobody bought isop.com, installed up a registration software, get some 10,000 players to register (should be easy for 2+2) and THEN approach the sites? Your force would have multiplied... even without a centralizied cashier.

Just my 50 cents.
Hit your outs.

Jan "50outs"