Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2003, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Big blind question

I am very sure most will disagree with me. But I believe it's a clear call. UTG raise. 3 to 4 callers. I call maybe 100% of the time with 97o in BB. from pure odds perspective, you are getting 9 to 1 or 11 to 1 on the call.

Just be careful when you flop top pair... well i am sure you have considered that.

kenny
Old 07-15-2003, 06:06 PM

Default \"All-skate\" or \"multiple amplexus?\"

Ever since that allimp A6o hand that Ulysses posted, I've been thinking of what we could call it when many (say more than half to all) players limp before the flop and no one raises.

I like "all-skate" because it has a couple meanings and because it sounds just like a multiple amplexus feels, I imagine.

Tommy
Old 07-15-2003, 06:25 PM

Default You\'ve clearly been watching too much Discovery Channel (nm)

Old 07-16-2003, 02:12 AM

Bart,

You wrote: "With a hand like this I prefer exactly two. Example would be a late raiser, the SB and me in BB...."

Even against a late raiser, IMO you need more high card strength or a pair. A raised pot is going to be defended more tenaciously with typical opponents, especially as you move up in limits within the yellow chip world.

"....or limper, me in SB and BB knuckles."

Assuming the BB doesn't raise here the pot odds are the same but the situation is much better. With the right kind of limper and big blind (generally unaggressive and tight), you should be calling with many weaker hands you would toss against three of four opponents. The strength of the call is primarily based on steal equity. Of course the value of this move goes down against regular opponents, who eventually wise up to the fact you often bet ragged boards (eg. K73 rainbow) with little or nothing.

Regards,

Rick
Old 07-16-2003, 02:57 AM

Hi rtrombone:

You wrote:

I feel like this is something of a loose call but it's close enough that I've made it before.

I think that's right, and being that's the case it doesn't matter very much. Of course this assumes you will play your hand reasonably well from the flop on.

Best wishes,
mason
Old 07-16-2003, 04:23 AM

Default Re: \"All-skate\" or \"multiple amplexus?\"

multiple amplexus? sounds like one thing to me.

Our beloved sociopath KOJAK is no longer with us, so I'll just say what I'm sure he was thinking.

Gangbang.

I also like "multiflaccid engagement".

You know, there's a software company called "Amplexus." There must be another meaning or something.