Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 07:22 AM

Default what to do on this turn?

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>,<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>,
Old 10-13-2005, 07:38 AM

Default Re: what to do on this turn?

Well, you know the player better than us, however, I doubt he is betting with less than the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Could have that and a King........bummer.....so much money, I gotta call him down.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:41 AM

I did end up calling down, he ended up having AK (no diamond).... but while I was doing I was wondering the way it was played preflop what hand I could possibly beat... he may have already had the flush, AK beat me, KK, JJ.... I doubt he's 3 betting that turn w/ QQ.... I think ur right, I think I have 2 call it down.... just don't see it winning me much
Old 10-13-2005, 10:12 AM

without any info on the villain its really tough to say. Against s descent/solid player you'd probably have to fold as the ONLY thing you beat here is AQ with the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ....maybe QQ with the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? Even still, if its a solid player i highly doubt they're 3 betting QQ or AQ...you beat nothing else thats feasible against this payer. Against a LAG however, like a lot of middle stakes online players are, you might be inclined to call him down as they could do this with anything from the aformentioned hands down through a middle pocket pair with a diamond in it. Its definitely player based, against a good solid player, fold, anyone else call down if not for value for info...good luck
Old 10-13-2005, 12:14 PM

6 handed with position it takes a lot less to 3 bet the turn then KK , JJ or AK ...any A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] that has a streight draw on that board will do it about 90% of the time. If your opponent is in the range of 30/20/1.8 he may even 3 bet there with something like Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J...Jus t call a bet on the turn and lead on non-diamind river.