Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

View Poll Results: Have you paid taxes on your winnings this year?
I paid. 5 20.00%
I opted not to pay. 9 36.00%
I didn't win enough to pay taxes. 11 44.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 01:36 AM

Default My Reason and Phillips Poll

Hi Everyone:

On these forums we now have approximately 40 moderators. This site would not be any where near as good without them. They put a lot of time in and take their responsibility very seriously. They also do this voluntarily. That is they get no compensation from us.

As for moderating and barring, I have delegated that responsibility to Mat Sklansky and the moderators. I don't make those decisions anymore with one exception. Since we need the moderators to help us, and their function is so important, I have no tolerance for anyone who personally attacks one of our moderators.

Now they have a right to make suggestions and to criticize how the moderation should be done and can be improved. These forums have always encouraged vigorous debate and this is just part of that process. But it is my opinion that a certain line in regard to the moderators should not be crossed and that is why Paul Phillips was banned.

But it seems like many of you either don't see it this way or want him back for other reasons. So Mat and I have decided to let the decision be up to you. So here is a poll which we will abide by.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:41 AM

Default Re: My Reason and Phillips Poll

Link to the crime?
Old 11-10-2005, 01:41 AM

You forgot one option on the poll -Paul Phillips will never make another post here whether he is banned or not, so it doesn't matter.

Asking him to apologize, LOL.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:42 AM

Somehow I don't think it will mae a difference if you lift the ban, he won't post here again.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Somehow I don't think it will mae a difference if you lift the ban, he won't post here again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, hes threatened that before. I think he'll come back eventually.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:46 AM

I have personnally attacked Dynasty and his handling of this forum. I was not banned. I think banning someone is more childish than anything that they could possibly say. Moderators have post deletion authority. No more is needed. I believe Phillips should not be banned from positing. If he choses not to post because he does not like the rules that's his choice. Posting should be encouraged not discouraged. Just my opinion.

Vince
Old 11-10-2005, 01:50 AM

I don't think you should change your mind. I believe any reputable forum moderator would have banned him for those specific comments. He knew what he was doing and what was going to happen when all of that was said. There's no excuse for that kind of behavior and if that was how he really feels about this forum then he shouldn't be a part of it regardless.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:52 AM

any links? im bored.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since we need the moderators to help us, and their function is so important, I have no tolerance for anyone who personally attacks one of our moderators.

[/ QUOTE ]
mason, did you actually read paulp's deleted post before you pm'ed him? here's the part in it relevant to moderation:

"I haven't followed 2+2 as regularly as I might. When did every thread in this forum become a deletion/banning [censored] swinging contest? This site has the most brain damaged interface I've ever seen; instead of actually removing a deleted post they leave up a placeholder that says "post deleted" with the obvious result that every thread is hijacked by pointless metadiscussion. And this fellow dynasty pours fuel on the fire by boasting about all the people he's banned.

Whoever's idea this was, you might want to reconsider your implementation."

i agree that 2+2 ought not tolerate any personal attacks on its moderators, but it would be a huge stretch to construe what paulp said about dynasty as a "personal attack."

i'm guessing that mat deleted the post too hastily, and now he also regrets it. i'm guessing you issued that demand for an apology possibly without even seeing the "offending" post, and now regret it as well. lifting the ban on paulp would be the right thing to do.

and to those who say that paulp will never post here again, so what? if he chooses not to, fine. but mason and the 2+2 website will have shown that they are willing to own up to mistakes and reverse a course of action in the interest of fairness, and even if it turns out to be merely symbolic, that would still mean a great deal.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:55 AM

I don't even like Paul Phillips, but his banning was ridiculous. Anyway, this is all moot because he is way too proud to ever post here again.
Closed Thread