Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Commerce 20/40 NL Hand

The villain is a very good regular. He is one of the most solid players I have seen. I have about 12K and he has me covered. As for the hand:

6 people limp in and I check in the BB with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet out 80. It is folded around to the villain who is in the cutoff and he raises to 280. I call and we goto the turn heads up.

Turn brings the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for a board of:

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check. Villain bets out 300. I raise to 900. He ponders for a bit and calls.

River brings a 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for a board of

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet out 1,500. Villain thinks for about 5 minutes and raises to 5,000. I take a brief moment before I push the rest in for 6,000 more.

How would you play the flop and turn and how much would you bet. Would anybody play the river differently? How much time would you take before you push all in, or raise?
Old 08-25-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Commerce 20/40 NL Hand

hes obviously got the K so what the hell does it matter

nice one outer
Old 08-25-2005, 02:40 AM

I probably lead the turn for 500 and let villain raise to 1500, bringing the pot up to roughly 3500. I would then lead out for 2,500 on river and obviously push to any raise made by villain. I dont think it matters here if villain has the king, but by building the pot it always makes it easier to get all your money in with the goods. Nice hand and nice payday.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:42 AM

who was the villian?
Old 08-25-2005, 02:50 AM

I lead the turn, probably about 400 or so-if he's calling a check-raise he's also raising the turn so you're getting more money in. I then lead the river for 2,000 and reraise all in when he raises you.
The main reason I lead the turn is so that in the future if I'm oop w/marginal hands I won't get bluffed off of them. In these kinds of games if people know you're trying to get tricky with check-raises on the turn, they'll also know your hand can't stand action when you do bet out.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:50 AM

I'll PM you his name. I don't know how appropriate it would be to post name in the thread.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How much time would you take before you push all in, or raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

On TV they usually wait like 30 seconds I think.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:02 AM

Default IT REALLY DOESN\'T MATTER

The more I think about it, the more I realize that while my post is how I would play it, it really doesn't matter-villain is probably going broke with the K of hearts here. Probably the only difference between the two lines is the metagame aspect I was talking about, as each line is equally profitable.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:59 AM

It was supposed to be a nice payday, but I only got half of what I was owed. The villain did not pay me off with his K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Old 08-25-2005, 04:20 AM

Re-raise the flop.

Bet the turn. Villian ain't paying off much without a K, and he ain't goin' anywhere with one.

Sorry to see that he folded it, but if you got more money in sooner, he wouldn't have.