Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: PL25 - T4 on TTJ42 board. Correct riverbet?

Fold preflop, bet flop, value bet turn, get as much money in on the river as possible. If JTxx or JJxx or something else freaky turns up so be it.
Thank the lord that the river was small and filled the flush draw, I can see you getting paid by ATxx and a flush here.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:06 PM

One reason why you don't want to play hands like this is so you're not facing difficult decisions exactly like this later on in the hand. As you can see, there's much disagreement here as to whether you should be cautious or get as much money in the pot as you can. I'd check it right behind because it smells a little fishy. I wouldn't be surprised if both opponents had you beat, but there's a good chance at least one of them do. I could definitely see the preflop raiser in one of these games saying "holy [censored] I've got 2 jacks I better press the raise button because I'm [censored] horrible."
Old 12-31-2005, 02:50 PM

I've been on vacation over Christmas, so unable to reply until then. Thanks for all the replys!

Well, I don't know - I guess it's time for results, or something.

I said the magic Omaha-word: "pot".
Or, I actually slid the slider all the way to the right and clicked "bet", but that's not really relevant.

First player... called. Okay.
Second player... also called all-in. Ergh.

Showdown time then.

I proudly table my huge boat, Titanic-style. But it didn't sink, since one player had the nut flush and the second had the second nut flush. So, they both called my river pot bet with measly little flushed and I laughed all the way to the bank. Or something.

I probably should bet the turn, though. Lately though, I've been having a tough time using 1/2-pot and the like bets on lower level-Omaha. I figure that if I have the best hand, they'll pay off for the full pot, and if I have the worst, I ain't folding, so might as well pot it myself. Don't know if it's good or bad or just obnoxious thinking. The past few weeks was really the first time ever I tried to take a serious approach (read: tried to actually win) on PLO25 - and it worked out pretty good. Up 200USD or so in maybe 30 hours of play total, 1 or 2-tabling.

Oh, then I got drunk and lost my entire money playing high-buyin MTT:s, but that's another story!