Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Mind Boggling

Many men around my age go through some type of mid life crisis. I think I'm going through some type of mid life complete annoyance and exasperation with organized religion.

I'm not sure why, but 5 years ago I just ignored these people or politely smiled and it didn't really affect me in any way. I was married to someone who believed in god, have dated women who believe in god, and we just basically agreed to disagree about that particular issue. I taught at a catholic high school, went to church because it was expected, and just went about living my life.

Now, some of the stuff that they say and do just really really annoys me to no end.

Lets assume for a second that there is no god. (a distinct possibility based on any empirical evidence that's out there)
That means that for almost 2000 years people have been building churches, attending church, fighting wars, reading the bible, etc for no real reason. That's quite mind boggling if you think about it. What a waste of the human mind and body.