Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: 100% standard AJ raptor hand from sb.. in the 55s at least..

On the turn, there's only 2 opponents left. That's 2358023 people. That's 2. You don't need to invest a helluva lot to win this pot.

You can check-call down, and catch missed draws and bluffing, as well as weaker aces for helluva lot more than 60 chips.

You can check-raise and shut down from there, t75.

It's not about just winning t60, because this hand is worth value-betting/value-calling.

Your turn fold was absolutely ridiculous, and completely sucked.

Knowing you have the best hand more than 50% of the time and folding it here is really, really bad poker.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:51 AM

Default Re: RESULTS SHIP IT BWAHAHAH HOLLA

[ QUOTE ]
did anyone mention bad position in an unraised 4way pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

quite possibly the most important aspect of this hand.. holla
Old 08-10-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, there's only 2 opponents left. That's 2358023 people. That's 2. You don't need to invest a helluva lot to win this pot.

You can check-call down, and catch missed draws and bluffing, as well as weaker aces for helluva lot more than 60 chips.

You can check-raise and shut down from there, t75.

It's not about just winning t60, because this hand is worth value-betting/value-calling.

Your turn fold was absolutely ridiculous, and completely sucked.

Knowing you have the best hand more than 50% of the time and folding it here is really, really bad poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know? yer right, im just a really bad player with no idea what he is doing. you all are victorious once more. holla
Old 08-10-2005, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You could always drop down to the 33s or 22s. That way your late game advantage would be so large you could pre-flop dump all but AA in levels 1-4 with confidence.

Pokerscott

[/ QUOTE ]
is that a personal attack? seriously. i might have to choke a bit** holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Personal attack??? Consider the strategy first...

open yer mind for just a minute, think broadly, think openly, and you will become better.

Holla

Pokerscott
Old 08-10-2005, 01:58 AM

Dude, come on. You know better than to fold a 56/44 or whatever PF. Are you good here (and on the river) a combined 56%? Almost definitely, so why fold?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:59 AM

I said nothing about your skill as a player. After all, you're beating the $55's, which is more than 90% of the population, and most 2+2ers can say.

But, based on the way you're thinking about this hand (I want to avoid risk now to exploit an edge later) just seems a bit Hellmuthian to me, and from everything I've learned on 2+2, and playing myself, folding this isn't profitable, while most of my lines would have been.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:00 AM

For whats its worth I would not play this way. I would check the flop, and raise the min bet to 75. I would then bet out about 150 on the turn if I was called on the flop. I would then check the river most cards and call most bets at that point.

Whether this is good or not I have no idea, but it's what I usually do.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For whats its worth I would not play this way. I would check the flop, and raise the min bet to 75. I would then bet out about 150 on the turn if I was called on the flop. I would then check the river most cards and call most bets at that point.

Whether this is good or not I have no idea, but it's what I usually do.

[/ QUOTE ]

also, for the record.. in a 215, i check raise to around 75 about 99% of the time. im not going to get into why right now as to why i play it diff. and again, i hate check raising this flop in a 55. in a 215, standard imo. holla
Old 08-10-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You could always drop down to the 33s or 22s. That way your late game advantage would be so large you could pre-flop dump all but AA in levels 1-4 with confidence.

Pokerscott

[/ QUOTE ]
is that a personal attack? seriously. i might have to choke a bit** holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Personal attack??? Consider the strategy first...

open yer mind for just a minute, think broadly, think openly, and you will become better.

Holla

Pokerscott

[/ QUOTE ]

who the **** are you other than a jealous piece of trash that is upset some kid can make more money in a week than your pathetic self working hard in 3 months. i dont know you, i have no respect for you, and until you prove to me you have any game at all, i will not put up with being shat on. irie, lacky, apathy, curtains, all them i talk to regularly and can call me a donk all they want. adanthar too, i dont talk to him as much but he has my respect. not you. earn some respect first. holla
Old 08-10-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, come on. You know better than to fold a 56/44 or whatever PF. Are you good here (and on the river) a combined 56%? Almost definitely, so why fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually dont think so. that should be obvious by the way i played it. hence the fold. holla