Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 07:35 PM

Default PokerHost screws a customer-- not me

Found this, figured I would post it for anyone thinking of playing there.

Hi its a valued customer. I have to tell you about the NIGHTMARE that happened to me on 3/20 after placing 2nd in a huge tourny at poker host.

I won my way to a WPT event through a satellite. I played in it on 3/20, the tourny started at 4:00. 1st place was supposed to go to Reno for the WPT. But since the total prize pool was$5612, less than the prize package worth $6,100 according to their web site http://www.pokerhost.com/tournament-structure.htm (look at WPT section line 9) we were competing for money instead.

Thats how it was posted in the lobby the whole tournament and that was what we all tought as players. I made it to second place. The announced prize pool was as follows: 1st, $2806.00 , 2nd $ 1683.60, 3rd $1112.40. The first place winner was ChicoEJ, then me a valued customer, Third was hitman.

When the tourny finished, the money was posted to my account. I went to the cashier to withdraw my winnings via mastercard. Then logged off poker host. I then when back on to Poker Host to the cashier to reverse the withdrawal and use a different withdrawal method to cash out my winnings via neteller. I called to see if that was a problem, and POOF! The money was no longer there!!!!!!

I spoke with 2 customer service people, then to a manager named Daniel at first, then he transferred me to another manager named Gus. I told them all my story about the $$ disappearing. They told me that it was a mistake, I never should have gotten the money in the first place and It was a winner take all tournament. It was not posted that way!!! after using a few not so nice choice words to Gus. I fought with them for 2 hours about this! I dont know if they took the money away from the 3rd place finisher hitman or not. But they refuse to pay me. They cancelled my pending withdrawal and now I have nothing! I told them that I was a member of several poker clubs, including this one and that I would certainly let them know what happened to me. Gus' response was well since you are use to how these things work, I should know that only the top finisher gets its all.

I went into my transaction history at poker host, and printed it out,it shows that the money was there and the pending NETELLER withdrawal is there. After arguing with Gus more, and a few more phone calls later, They did not let me log into poker host, and I can no longer access my Transaction history! I thankfully have everything printed out including the picture of the payout screens and amounts with my camera at the tournament. End result for me is no money to bad for you!
Old 04-27-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: PokerHost screws a customer-- not me

What I don't get is why you typed "-- not me" when this story is obviously about you.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:48 PM

This story is not about me genius, that is why I typed not me. I have never played at PokerHost. This was a cut and paste from another forum.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:53 PM

Oh, how credible did you deem the source? If I were him, I'd be talking to a lawyer and not posting about it in a forum
Old 04-27-2005, 08:01 PM

If I were him, I'd be talking to a lawyer

lawyer... hehe... good one
Old 04-27-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, how credible did you deem the source? If I were him, I'd be talking to a lawyer and not posting about it in a forum

[/ QUOTE ]

The forum owners/mods tried to help get this straightened out so I took it to be credible. They had no success. I am just posting this as a psa.

Like cubswin alludes to, what good would a lawyer do?
Old 04-27-2005, 08:22 PM

This was already posted here a month ago.