Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Star Wars Episode 7

"Revenge of the Jedi" was a false name for ep6 that was intentionally leaked in an effort to prevent illegal copyright infringements.

I did not know that. I stand by the rest of my statement, though.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Revenge of the Jedi" was a false name for ep6 that was intentionally leaked in an effort to prevent illegal copyright infringements.

I did not know that. I stand by the rest of my statement, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was some legitimate Revenge of the Jedi merchandise. They can be quite valuable. Here's a famous movie poster.

Old 05-22-2005, 01:52 PM

I think if Lucas & co wanted to do another live action film the best era would be either 20 years after ROTJ or much much earlier then TPM which covers the rise and fall of the Sith.

I think directly after ROTJ is an great opportunity to do another animated series. If I was incharge I would have it done japanese anime style where the aimation is very detailed and the action is much more intense than US style animations, even the recent clone wars cartoons. Although the "adult" aspects of anime would have to be cut out, unless they wanted to delve into the leia and han solo relationship.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:23 PM

For an ep.7 idea, why not like 20 or 30 years after ROTJ, Leia and Han's child and possibly an effort by some Sith fanatics to kidnap and train him in the ways of the Sith. or something
Old 05-22-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Im not mistaken, Palpatine comes back somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

And han solo dies.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For an ep.7 idea, why not like 20 or 30 years after ROTJ, Leia and Han's child and possibly an effort by some Sith fanatics to kidnap and train him in the ways of the Sith. or something

[/ QUOTE ]

If there was a desire to create a part 7 the material is all there. I haven't read them but I understand the books cover quite a bit of time after ROTJ. I think there is a series directly after episode 6. then another which takes place a number of years later, with Luke reforming the Jedi and I think it also includes the Solo children. After that I believe there is a later one which takes place after Luke and Co are dead, although im not real sure about that last one.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:03 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
they're producing a tv show that takes place between episodes 3 and 4, right? that should be interesting - they've got some 19 odd years to fill.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be awesome! we could see luke... uhh.. grow up! as .. uh.. a farmer!
Old 05-22-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Im not mistaken, Palpatine comes back somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

And han solo dies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Han Solo is still alive in the most recent Star Wars EU (expanded universe) books. You may be thinking of Chewbacca. Chewie died saving Han and Leia's son, thus fufilling the life debt he's owed to Han for so long.

Palpatine came back in a story called Dark Empire. Even big fans of the EU don't really like it much. Basically, the Emperor claims he switched his conciousness to new clone bodies on a regular basis. So, when he "died" on the second Death Star, he simply floated over to the planet where he stored his clones. Eventually, Luke went after him but Luke turned to the darkside to understand it better. Leia came to the rescue and saved Luke. While Palpatine tried to transfer his body again, Solo destroyed the last of his clones.

Sometimes, stories go to far in sci-fi/fantasy worlds.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You may be thinking of Chewbacca. Chewie died saving Han and Leia's son, thus fufilling the life debt he's owed to Han for so long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, my memory is good.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...e/jump/3191250

The original tale he mapped out didn't feature Ewoks or a second Death Star, and it culminated with the death of Han Solo. Princess Leia parts ways with Luke to lead those who survived her home planet's destruction.

Your post was a very interesting story though. Even though my source contradicts what you say, I think I'm going to trust your sources much more then mine.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You may be thinking of Chewbacca. Chewie died saving Han and Leia's son, thus fufilling the life debt he's owed to Han for so long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, my memory is good.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...e/jump/3191250

The original tale he mapped out didn't feature Ewoks or a second Death Star, and it culminated with the death of Han Solo. Princess Leia parts ways with Luke to lead those who survived her home planet's destruction.

Your post was a very interesting story though. Even though my source contradicts what you say, I think I'm going to trust your sources much more then mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your memory may be good but you're not paying attention to what people are posting about. The poster you originally responded to (CallMeIshmael) and I are talking about the events in the Expanded Universe novels. You linked some article which discusses treatments George Lucas wrote in the '70s and later abandoned.

In the EU (expanded universe), Chewbacca dies about twenty years after the events of Return of the Jedi saving Han and Leia's son (Anakin Solo, I believe). Han is still kicking.

I've read a little about the treatments Lucas wrote up. The reason Return of the Jedi has another Death Star and ewoks is because that's how he originally intended to end Star Wars. But, in his first film, he didn't have the resources to create the large space battle we saw in RotJ. The ewoks would have been wookies. So, when RotJ was made, Lucas just made them short instead of tall. Lucas wanted a primnitive society to play a key role in defeating the Empire. Wookies weren't an option since Chewbacca was shown to be remarkably intelligent.