Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Interpoker $10 for Pocket Cowboys (KK) for 3/25-3/26

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And, truth be told, I'd much rather play crypto than Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW... now you are smoking crack.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why so? Party against the hoard of bonus whores, lose half the bonus. Crypto today, up 30BB, the monthly bonus, the "we missed you" bonus, plus the KK money. Sorry, but I'd rather play the overseas players any day of the week.

[/ QUOTE ]

For pure bonus whoring... maybe. I still don't like when people say Party is tough when there's a bonus. I think that's just an excuse for a weak game. I'm not trying to slam you or anything, but I see people say that all the time but I've yet to see conclusive proof.

I know for me, I almost always do well on the Party bonuses. Crypto are hit-&-miss with me because the full games I play are usually rock gardens. I just played .5/1 NL on Crypto yesterday for the first time though and found a couple fish.

When you're talking about normal play though, I really don't think you can beat Party. All my opinions of course, but I really feel they have the best software and the best game selection (I'm talking fish ratio on tables).

On Crypto yesterday, I saw 47 hands an hour on NL. On Party during my normal play, I see over 60 hands an hour. I'll take Party for that reason only over Crypto anyday.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And, truth be told, I'd much rather play crypto than Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW... now you are smoking crack.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why so? Party against the hoard of bonus whores, lose half the bonus. Crypto today, up 30BB, the monthly bonus, the "we missed you" bonus, plus the KK money. Sorry, but I'd rather play the overseas players any day of the week.

[/ QUOTE ]

For pure bonus whoring... maybe. I still don't like when people say Party is tough when there's a bonus. I think that's just an excuse for a weak game. I'm not trying to slam you or anything, but I see people say that all the time but I've yet to see conclusive proof.

I know for me, I almost always do well on the Party bonuses. Crypto are hit-&-miss with me because the full games I play are usually rock gardens. I just played .5/1 NL on Crypto yesterday for the first time though and found a couple fish.

When you're talking about normal play though, I really don't think you can beat Party. All my opinions of course, but I really feel they have the best software and the best game selection (I'm talking fish ratio on tables).

On Crypto yesterday, I saw 47 hands an hour on NL. On Party during my normal play, I see over 60 hands an hour. I'll take Party for that reason only over Crypto anyday.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't worry about me taking anything personal, it's all open discussion.

As for the content, my "proof" for what I think about Party is found easily in my PokerTracker stats. While I am still up over at Party, I bet I've been break even since all this bonus stuff started getting a lot of pub about December. I was a Party skin disciple till then. Once December hit, I noticed the site jumped from 45k on at my usual time to well over 70k. It MAY also be tied in to the bad beat jackpot since that also kicked in about then, I'm not sure. But since that time, I am unable to win at the same tables I used to crush at about 6.5BB/100 hands.

Crypto on the other hand went exactly the opposite. I was way DOWN there after starting well and basically gave up on them. But, in February, I went back and have been having great success. The biggest change I see is whereas I used to suffer horrendous beats at crypto, they seem to have moved to Party. A good, solid game seems to fair much better at crypto. I've knocked over half of my crypto "debt" off the books since February.

Now, all that being said, I'm sure it's a matter of style and game preference. You said crypto $.50/1.00, that doesn't exist at crypto in regular full-ring hold 'em. I have to assume you play a different game than me. I am strictly a $1/2 limit player, full ring. I don't play NL at all. So if you are talking NL and me LL, we are probably mixing apples and oranges.

Also, since I never play without a bonus, Party is only played in short spurts, whereas crypto gets more hands overall due to the 5 sites worth of bonuses. The wild play at Party ring certainly means there is going to be a huge variance factor. Maybe if I played there more, the variance would even out and I'd do better. But frankly I'm not interested in trying when I can be playing for a bonus elsewhere.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now, all that being said, I'm sure it's a matter of style and game preference. You said crypto $.50/1.00, that doesn't exist at crypto in regular full-ring hold 'em. I have to assume you play a different game than me. I am strictly a $1/2 limit player, full ring. I don't play NL at all. So if you are talking NL and me LL, we are probably mixing apples and oranges.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's just "to each his own" and I wish you good luck with the Crypto's. I only recently started back playing NL. Before then, I was a $1-2 limit full player so I do understand you. I just simply have to disagree on the fact that I'd take Party over Crypto anyday while you're the opposite.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's just "to each his own" and I wish you good luck with the Crypto's. I only recently started back playing NL. Before then, I was a $1-2 limit full player so I do understand you. I just simply have to disagree on the fact that I'd take Party over Crypto anyday while you're the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, I reckon so. Six months ago I would have said the same thing as you. Times change, sites change, the games change. Just a matter of what you are comfortable with.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
740 hands, 7 KK

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang man. I got 2 KK in 777 hands. Still waiting for the 20 bucks. The 90 bonus and other reloads have been instantaneous though.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
740 hands, 7 KK

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang man. I got 2 KK in 777 hands. Still waiting for the 20 bucks. The 90 bonus and other reloads have been instantaneous though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had him beat with 8 over 737 hands [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Who thinks they'll actually pay them all though?
Old 03-28-2005, 12:29 AM

In the past, they have all been paid. Every time, 100%.

Yes, their support is slow and non-existant, but they do the right things and never try to screw anyone.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the past, they have all been paid. Every time, 100%.

Yes, their support is slow and non-existant, but they do the right things and never try to screw anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding right? Almost everyone from the last Cowboys promotion didn't get paid all of them.

They're also known to stiff people on the monthly bonus a lot. Then when you notice and finally get them to credit you (which I have read is a major pain), you start from 0 raked even if you've played hands so far that month and it was their screwup.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You're kidding right? Almost everyone from the last Cowboys promotion didn't get paid all of them.

They're also known to stiff people on the monthly bonus a lot. Then when you notice and finally get them to credit you (which I have read is a major pain), you start from 0 raked even if you've played hands so far that month and it was their screwup.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am serious. They have never screwed me. I have cleared their bonus every month since Sept 2003 (when it was only $40).

I do not know if I worked on their last KK bonus. I do have 2 bonuses listed in January for Interpoker. (one for $40 ... which maybe Kings, but maybe something else).

I know their software is slower than most. Their support is very poor. They have been know to go off line more than most. But I live by their sites.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:10 PM

Has anybody actually got their KK bonus money yet, Still no sign of it for me.