Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: The real NFL championship will be in Pittsburgh 2 weeks from now

[ QUOTE ]
I love your picks, but if pinkston and mitchell are average, who are below average?

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr, rather, Pinky and Mitchell are average without TO in the lineup. Pinky led the league in 50+ yard receptions this year for one reason, TO. Mitchell is a possession receiver and does not have nearly as much speed as TO or Pinky, but will catch everything you throw to him. There are many receivers in the conference who rank below Pinky and Mitchell, take a look at anyone on the Bears/Lions/Bucs/Niners etc. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just like we barely beat the Eagles?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're obviously either not reading what I've wrote, or just being a jackass for no other reason than that it gets you off to be one.

I made comments on the Eagles loss to the Steelers earlier this year - it was a downright ass whoopin'.

You got away with one vs. the Jets this year - you know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it. Good luck next weekend.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love your picks, but if pinkston and mitchell are average, who are below average?

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr, rather, Pinky and Mitchell are average without TO in the lineup. Pinky led the league in 50+ yard receptions this year for one reason, TO. Mitchell is a possession receiver and does not have nearly as much speed as TO or Pinky, but will catch everything you throw to him. There are many receivers in the conference who rank below Pinky and Mitchell, take a look at anyone on the Bears/Lions/Bucs/Niners etc. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather have Roy Williams, Michael Clayton and Brandon Lloyd, and Charles Rodgers when healthy. Probably take Galloway. Terrell and Cedrick Wilson too...
Old 01-09-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather have Roy Williams, Michael Clayton and Brandon Lloyd, and Charles Rodgers when healthy. Probably take Galloway. Terrell and Cedrick Wilson too...

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly all of these over the two Eagles receivers when TO is NOT in the lineup. When he is, it's a tough call, I think any of them produce equally (with the exception of Williams and Clayton who I think would be a major upgrade over Pinkston at the #2 spot with TO in the lineup).
Old 01-09-2005, 09:53 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just like we barely beat the Eagles?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're obviously either not reading what I've wrote, or just being a jackass for no other reason than that it gets you off to be one.

I made comments on the Eagles loss to the Steelers earlier this year - it was a downright ass whoopin'.

You got away with one vs. the Jets this year - you know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it. Good luck next weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you seem to think we just barely squeaked by the Jets I figured that you are just like the New England fans in thinking Steelers didn't kick their ass.

The Jets game was closer than it should have been, but the Steelers in no way "got away with one vs the jets." Ben had his worst game of the year and still won 17-6. It just shows me that a football argument with you is usless in thinking the Steelers got away with one.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you seem to think we just barely squeaked by the Jets I figured that you are just like the New England fans in thinking Steelers didn't kick their ass.

The Jets game was closer than it should have been, but the Steelers in no way "got away with one vs the jets." Ben had his worst game of the year and still won 17-6. It just shows me that a football argument with you is usless in thinking the Steelers got away with one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're DEFINITELY an idiot (continuing to not face reality qualifies as a definition). I watched that whole Steelers/Jets game. I know what I saw, and I saw a team struggling to score against the Jets...THE GAME WAS 6-3 JETS IN THE FOURTH QUARTER. A football argument with me is filled with one thing. FACT. I'm not delusional about my team or any team they've played's accomplishments, and contrary to what you might think, I've watched quite a few Steelers games this year. They are very beatable, and have a tough road to the Super Bowl. Good luck next weekend against the Jets.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're DEFINITELY an idiot (continuing to not face reality qualifies as a definition). I watched that whole Steelers/Jets game. I know what I saw, and I saw a team struggling to score against the Jets...THE GAME WAS 6-3 JETS IN THE FOURTH QUARTER. A football argument with me is filled with one thing. FACT. I'm not delusional about my team or any team they've played's accomplishments, and contrary to what you might think, I've watched quite a few Steelers games this year. They are very beatable, and have a tough road to the Super Bowl. Good luck next weekend against the Jets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because a game was 6-3 going into the 4th quarter doesn't mean the team that wins "got away with one" as you claim.

Also, if you want to talk FACT, there never was a 6-3 Jets score in the 4th Quarter. Steelers were up 3-0 after the first quarter. Halftime was Steelers up 3-0. At the end of the 3rd Quarter, the score was tied 3-3. Then, in the fourth quarter, Steelers got a TD, Jets got a FG and then Steelers got a TD. That is the FACT!

but, I guess I'm the idiot...
Old 01-09-2005, 10:11 PM

pwned!

Good luck next week against the Jets.