Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2004, 05:55 PM

Default Can I get your digits?

Hey all,

I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but since I am a micro player, I thought it would work. I am curious to know what the numbers are for some of you other micro players. By numbers, I mean %flops seen, %showdowns won, %hands won, etc. I play PP 1/2 and I think I get involved in too many hands. My numbers are roughly as follows:

%flops seen = 35%
%showdowns won = 75-80%
%hands won = 7-10%

I know that these numbers aren't the only numbers that matter, but I have been thinking that I play too many hands and it is costing me money. I am good at getting rid of my hands once I feel they are beaten, but that is still just wasted money. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance for the help. And yes, I will get Poker Tracker once I am not so strapped for cash.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Can I get your digits?

35% is definetely too high. I'm not a PokerTracker guy though.

The middle one seems really high too.

I'm not a numbers guy, so I guess I'll just give you the standard response:

Your sample is too small. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(Seriously though, 35% I think is too high even in the best of games, but it all depends.)
Old 07-20-2004, 06:46 PM

Wait ... Trail of Tears do you even have PokerTracker or are you telling us what PP says you your stats are?
Old 07-20-2004, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

%flops seen = 35%
%showdowns won = 75-80%
%hands won = 7-10%

[/ QUOTE ]

More important than flops seen is VP$IP. What's that at? A good number is between 16 and 22 or so.

Are you really winning 75 to 80 percent of your showdowns? That's way high. To achieve that, you would be folding way too often when you're not 100% sure that you're going to win the showdown. That would be tight-weak.

As for hands won, 7% is high, but not unreasonable. 10% is ridiculous. Which is it?

Think of it this way... if everyone played every hand to the river at a full-handed table, you will win 10% of your hands.

Also, what's your sample size? You need a huge sample to make worthwhile conclusions.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:51 PM

Oh, I get it now. You don't have PT... you must be getting these numbers from the little stats window on Party.

First of all, their showdown stats are way off. Sometimes you lose a showdown and you're still at 100%. When you get PT, it gives you an accurate number.

Second, it doesn't tell you how often you're voluntarily putting $$$ into the pot, which is more important than flops seen.

Third, you must have no idea what your sample size is.

My advice: Tighten up preflop, win some money and buy Poker Tracker.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:55 PM

Are you playing the 1/2 6 max tables?

The stat may be fine if so. (Really have no idea what optimal stats are at a 6 max table, but Saw Flop % would definitely be higher)
Old 07-20-2004, 07:11 PM

These are numbers that PP gives me every session. I had Poker Tracker but kept reinstalling it to get more hand data (I know, but I'm broke.) So now I am just building a BR and waiting to buy it. Thanks for the input, it confirmed my thoughts that I am playing to many hands. I tend to play more loosely after getting beaten multiple times by fish on the draw (twice my AA was beaten by 57 from the same player - what notes do you write on that besides shitty player?) Anyways, that is the deal and I am playing pretty well other than a bit too loosely. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:15 PM

That is a great point that I didn't explain. I mostly play 6-max, but have switched to full tables recently. I am sorry I am using such vague and useless numbers, but until I get PT it is all I have. I am a pretty TAG player in general, or at least try to be, but I think my idea of tight is still too loose. I will try to tighten up a bit PF and that should help my stats and income. Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, that is the deal and I am playing pretty well other than a bit too loosely.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also have a problem with tilting.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:14 AM

True, that is always a problem of mine, but one that I am always working on.