Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Intended AA limp reraise goes bad

This is why I hate this move and rarely use it. But I had perfect table conditions with frequent raises and reraises(just not this hand).

Still quite early in a typical Stars $50 (no rebuy)

Anyone dig in here, or just let it go?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|[color=#C00000]saw showdown</font>

BB (t2725)
Hero (t2145)
UTG+1 (t3690)
MP1 (t1350)
MP2 (t2225)
MP3 (t1510)
CO (t1385)
Button (t2070)
SB (t1420)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls t50, UTG+1 calls t50, [color=#666666]5 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t200) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets t100</font>, UTG+1 calls t100, [color=#CC3333]SB raises to t400</font>, BB folds, Hero ?
Old 11-04-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Intended AA limp reraise goes bad

why is this a prefect table condition? WRONG
Old 11-04-2005, 02:13 PM

No way on earth I'm giving this guy credit for a made str8 here. Sure there are a lot of hands you are behind at this point, but there are also a ton which you have smoked. 88 or 99 is going to felt here, and that's just fine.

I'm going to call and bet 2/3 of the pot on the turn whatever comes.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:10 PM

I think this is a pair and a draw enough times to get it in there.

Its a rainbow flop, so why would a made straight try to push everyone out?

If he had the straight, then "nh" because it makes me think he doesn't have you beat yet.

Could also be 2 pair fearing the straight draw, in which case you have outs.

In all, the situation sucks, but I think you are ahead enough to get more chips in here.

edit: I may play the ass end of the straight the way the SB is playing.....meh, it might be a fold....too busy to do the math right now, but it may be wise to look for a better spot.

I like raising when confused though.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 11-04-2005, 04:24 PM

Not much confusing about this one. There's a bet, a call, and the SB CR's the pot; you are even money at best (vs. the pair + draw) or much worse, probably averaging 40/60 or less. Occasionally, this is K7, but that happens rarely enough to discount. I'd have bet 150 or 200 to start with, but once this happens, I fold. (I'd be more likely to push with two hearts on the board, not really because you'd have more outs but because the flush draw/pair + draw/overs + draw must be counted more.)
Old 11-04-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not much confusing about this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-04-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not much confusing about this one. There's a bet, a call, and the SB CR's the pot; you are even money at best (vs. the pair + draw) or much worse, probably averaging 40/60 or less. Occasionally, this is K7, but that happens rarely enough to discount. I'd have bet 150 or 200 to start with, but once this happens, I fold. (I'd be more likely to push with two hearts on the board, not really because you'd have more outs but because the flush draw/pair + draw/overs + draw must be counted more.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree that 150 would have been a better flop bet and agree about the weighting on a two flush board.

And I folded for the reasons Adanthar outlined so I cant tell you what villan had. Forget AA, I generally do better with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] anyway...
Old 11-04-2005, 04:50 PM

I really hate this limp/reraise. I only like the limp when if for some reason it doesn't get raised behind you you are going to be comfortable getting it all in on any flop anyways -- i.e. you're in the 7xbb-15xbb range and might as well get some action if you're planning on going broke anyways. 40xbb is not the time to limp/reraise IMO, and to any raisers your move will probably be pretty transparent and let the get away from it preflop -- what makes a limp/reraise so much better w/ 7xbb-15xbb is that a raiser will often be committed to calling your limp/push.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:07 PM

Yeah... I'd let it go. Really horrible flop for you. Only hand I can see you being ahead of is an overpair, and a LOT of hands you're way behind.

Kirk