Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Hellmuth was great

As much as I think Hellmuth is a doofus, he was fantastic on the radio. The only thing that could be better is Hellmuth/Matusow on the air. Maybe next year.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Cardplayer.com audio feed--thumbs up

What surprised me is their reads and analysis. It was amazing how much more they see then I might. I finally gave up about 90 minutes before it finished but thoroughlly enjoyed Lindgren, Negreanu, and Hellmuth.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:27 PM

I agree. This was the best and most entertaining poker coverage ever.

Hellmuth was amazing, and really stuck it out. He loves the mic, but the mic loves him too. I like how honest he became at times and after 13+ hrs of coverage, I forgive how unprofessional the banter sometimes could be. In fact, I loved it. I laughed more at some parts of that broadcast than I have in a really long time. I liked how the pros all had fun needling each other and I think it was all done in good humour. It made me really appreciate the fact that these guys all know each other and if nothing else, respect each other. All the collective haters on this forum would do well to listen this broadcast and see that for all their rivalries, these guys are a kind of fraternity and they know it.

Hellmuth was great for giving respect to Puggy, London bombing victims, and all the old traditions of this event. Harman came off as extremely charming. Juanda was really funny.

The Analysis was almost so good to be unbelievable. I cannot believe how accurate Phil and other's reads/analysis were at times. They called players actions ahead of the play numerous times and really demonstrated a deep knowledge of the game. Far more deep than I could ever attribute to commentators who are given hole cards and commentating after the fact.

My only regret, and I'm sure many share it, is that in the end we saw so many dissapointing bad beats. When Mike Matusow was busted we all knew that play was going to change and be a lot less entertaining, but it just kept happening. All in all, I just don't think this all that good for poker. In my opinion the big news for WSOP 2005 will always be the professional dominance we saw in the preliminary events and the entirely new standard of coverage.

once again, hats off to cardplayer.

Regards
Brad S
Old 07-16-2005, 07:44 PM

does anyone know if u can d/l the entire broadcast on mp3 somewhere?
Old 07-16-2005, 07:50 PM

I'd really like to know that as well.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:01 PM

It was awesome. I never would have thought that poker audio could be so entertaining. Listening to that was better than 90% of the poker I've seen on TV.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd really like to know that as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately, I couldn't get real player to work with my pathetic internet connection. If the coverage is archived somewhere, I'd love to listen to it.