Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 10-21-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Common situation

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, 2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero...

Just not sure if I should be going for the check-raise here against the PF-r or just straight up betting this. I feel like most hands that he's going to bet here crush me.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Common situation

This is a pretty good spot to c/r to protect. Most PFR's autobet most flops.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, 2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero...

Just not sure if I should be going for the check-raise here against the PF-r or just straight up betting this. I feel like most hands that he's going to bet here crush me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like you're playing scared.

He's going to bet a range of hands here, including KJ, QQ-99 and maybe even AQ/AJ. It's a 4-handed pot, he's in position, so you should be expecting him to autobet anything that he raised preflop.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like most hands that he's going to bet here crush me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only AA, KK, and AK really crush you here. There are plenty of other hands that he will bet that don't crush you, maybe a bit more of the opposite.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like most hands that he's going to bet here crush me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only AA, KK, and AK really crush you here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was thinking about that right after I posted -.-
Old 10-21-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like you're playing scared.

He's going to bet a range of hands here, including KJ, QQ-99 and maybe even AQ/AJ. It's a 4-handed pot, he's in position, so you should be expecting him to autobet anything that he raised preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

mm, good point. This decision would also be a lot easier with a PF-r % as well.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:13 PM

I hate the chance of giving a free card, so often I'll bet here (more likely with one less player and/or and unraised pot), but a bet doesn't really protect as well as a c/r. Especially in this situation where the pf raiser (who will probably bet if you four check around) is directly to your right.

I don't think a hand that pfr bets here necessarily crushes you. If four players check to the pfr on the button, he's betting anything (flush draw, QQ-88 and maybe lower). So I think any hand that he re-raises with might have you crushed (but I'd still call down cause I suck).
Old 10-21-2005, 08:50 PM

Alright good points guys. Seems pretty trivial now.