Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Online Poker : 75% of loosers

[ QUOTE ]
At Pokerstars, I don't know about other sites, it is possible to sell play chips for real money and there is a large amount of this activity going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Large amount??? Just how many players do you think have sold play money chips for cash?
Old 10-08-2005, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At Pokerstars, I don't know about other sites, it is possible to sell play chips for real money and there is a large amount of this activity going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Large amount??? Just how many players do you think have sold play money chips for cash?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know of around 20 people personally, a couple of them having made over 1k. I know of at least 5 websites, in business for at least 6 months, which make profit buying and selling of these fake chips. Pokerstars tries to discourage this activity but there is just too much of it for them to control.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:10 PM

Cool, I will sell a Million in play money for a limited time offer of $10,000 in real money.

Anyone interested just let me know.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't keep records, and I have been withdrawing money from from my poker account on a monthly basis, and I haven't deposited in a couple years.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's true, you've got to be in a tiny (i.e., statistically almost insignificant) minority.

Seems to me that anyone not serious enough about their game to keep records is just not going to have the game to be a consistent winner long-term.

Btw, do you use pokertracker, and use the data in it to some degree? If so, then yes you ARE keeping records, so maybe you're not a poster child for the "I don't keep records, but I know I'm a winner" crowd after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think the same thing as you...that there aren't really any winners who aren't keeping good track of their sessions.

Since then, I've actually become someone who isn't keeping good track of his sessions. I do have Pokertracker, and used to be obsessive about checking it. I started having a lot less fun playing poker. I would be upset if my ROI dropped by a percentage or two (even if I was still winning).

I know that I'm a winning player because of meticulous stats that I used to keep for years as a B&M player and for a smaller number of years as an internet player.

Recently, I've been playing much more as a limit whore than anything else. I've opened up accounts at many sites. Some (many) of them are not compatible with PT (or I don't know how to set them up). I'm not sure that I SHOULD care too much about what my stats are for $0.50-$1 limit hold em while I'm playing a bonus off if my normal game is (or rather WAS) multitabling the $50s. I still play SNGs at my ******** sites sometimes, but I don't think I have pulled up PT in months.

I know that I continue to be a winning player since stopping real record keeping because I can continue to withdraw money from Neteller and never have to put any more money into it.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is there a market for play money? Are play chips good for prizes or free rolls or ??????
Old 10-08-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is there a market for play money? Are play chips good for prizes or free rolls or ??????

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you haven't lived until you've sat down at the table and plopped down a couple mil in play chips. You can feel the fear through your monitor.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool, I will sell a Million in play money for a limited time offer of $10,000 in real money.

[/ QUOTE ]

The going rate seems to be about $20 real per 1 million play. You can check out some of the auctions on ebay!
Old 10-08-2005, 06:14 PM

at least im not alone
Old 10-08-2005, 07:41 PM

HOLY CRAP! 2 million chips are going for $63. People are so dumb. Cool, I'm going to play for fake at no cost and sell my chips at 1 million intervals.

Thanks
Old 10-08-2005, 09:06 PM

I didn't intend to hijack this thread. Just wanted to point out that at least at stars, there is a certain number of people who can't be losing money playing poker. I don't know the reasons behind why so many people want to buy fake chips. I have my suspicions. Firstly, there are games like "40k or fold" where people bet insane amounts of play money and there is a real community feel around this group. People are addicted to this. Secondly, I believe that many, probably middle aged married guys, have wives who don't want them gambling with real money. So they can justify buying a couple million chips for say 30 bucks, with no chance of a further loss in real money and still get that feeling of gambling it up.