Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 09:35 PM

Default I hold an overpair but fear a monster(under the bed?)

Villain in this hand is a little loose preflop but somewhat sane post flop. I havent seen anything wierd atleast.

Cryptologic 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.00 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.00 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks
Old 12-14-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: I hold an overpair but fear a monster(under the bed?)

check raise, but i prefer betting. he will call you with a straight if that's what he flopped, he will call you with any weak flush he flopped, he will raise you with a boat. then you 3-bet.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:41 PM

I'd lead the turn and call a raise. What the hell are you doing on the river? bet/3-bet please.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:41 PM

With no diamond I think calling the flop raise and betting the turn is best. It's an ugly line, but it prevents you from giving him a free card, and your edge on this flop is minimal if it even exists.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:50 PM

Are you really scared of 77? Bet/3-bet/5-bet. He'll have a flush, trips, worse full house plently more than 77.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd lead the turn and call a raise. What the hell are you doing on the river? bet/3-bet please.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I put him on a flush(high likelyhood),boat(somewhat likely) or a straight(unlikely). So I figured I would get 2 bets vs flush,straight with this line. I didnt think villain would raise me with a low flush or a straight. Vs a boat it doesnt really matter how I play.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you really scared of 77? Bet/3-bet/5-bet. He'll have a flush, trips, worse full house plently more than 77.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was on the flop/turn I feared anything. 65d is also a possibility so I hold the 3 nut.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:55 PM

Monsters under the bed. Theres no cap HU at Crypto right? I'd probably put 6 or 7 bets in on the river.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I put him on a flush(high likelyhood),boat(somewhat likely) or a straight(unlikely). So I figured I would get 2 bets vs flush,straight with this line. I didnt think villain would raise me with a low flush or a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised how much people raise here. You'd also be surprised how much he just has a pair and calls you when he would check though.

[ QUOTE ]
Vs a boat it doesnt really matter how I play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there's no cap a crypto so you may get 5 bets out of him instead of 4. That's of only marginally significance though.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:00 PM

65d is pretty unlikely. And 77 is rare enough that I think this is worth at least 2 bets on the river. I'd bet-call, since he's never folding anything here probably.