Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2004, 06:23 PM

Default best micro site? (for the millionth time I\'m sure)

Did a few searches, couldn't find this topic here. I am looking for the best micro ring game (?.01/.02? and similar) site to play at. An impossible question I'm sure so any help is appreciated so please list pros and cons. I have only played .5/1 at party so far and am going micro cause my learning funds (pretty new) are limited. Bonuses are important to me. I've also looked for some "site review pages" but with limited success (too much spam out there). I've read some peoples' posts voicing concern over "too loose" games at this level but frankly, I saw a ton of 6-8 player flops at .5/1 party games and read a pro who mentioned this trend in much higher stakes game of late. Things are just getting so 'fishy'.
thanks in advance for all help
ps.. is there anyway to get email notification of replys here.. how bout anyway to have pages automatically list replies in "Flat" form? thanks again
Old 10-18-2004, 06:26 PM

Default Re: best micro site? (for the millionth time I\'m sure)

[ QUOTE ]
how bout anyway to have pages automatically list replies in "Flat" form? thanks again

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a setting for that in the preferences.

-d
Old 10-18-2004, 06:42 PM

Flat mode is under My Home > Display preferences.

You can get e-mail notifications of threads by adding a thread to your favorites and then requesting e-mail updates of your favs oh the My Home page as well.

As for nano-limit play... i have no clue. I started out with $50 in my Party account, built it to $150 playing SNGs, and then started playing 1/2. Granted, i've had a lot of live Hold'em experience so i knew what i was doing when i jumped in.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:46 PM

There's actually another active thread right now on nano limit play... "Best .10/.20 site?" or something like that.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:08 PM

Thanks all, got the preferances set now. I also have already checked out that thread emonrad. Unfortunately, it doesn't list or compare many sites. I am currnetly comparing Empire, Prima sites (specifically Gaming Club), and still looking for more micro sites.
I plan to purchase Poker Tracker (won $50 last night in a home tourney) so I need a site that will import hand histories correctly. I am currently a Party member and plan to do my sattelite playing there.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:52 PM

PokerStars is a large site that supports micro limits and goes all the way down to 0.01/0.02, from memory. Plus they don't take rake from these small games. Or not much rake anyway.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:01 PM

pokerstars has the lowest limits i know of. dont count on getting a bonus at any site playing anything less than .5/1
Old 10-21-2004, 04:47 PM

Both Pacific and Paradise offer bonuses and have games lower than .5/1 but as you say not as low as Stars.
There is of course a catch to both.
Paradise clears the bonus off raked hands and doesn't rake below .25/.50. However I heard that they don't have a time limit so you can start low and when you work up to .25/.50 you can clear the bonus.
Pacific requires you to bet 20 times what the bonus is to clear it and you only have 90 days. At the lower limits you would have to play a lot of hours per day to do this.

Luckydog
Old 10-21-2004, 05:03 PM

Okay, I worked my way up from the nanolimits so I feel I know a little about this.

Paradise and PokerStars have .02/.04 games. They are pretty soft, but I think the competition at PS is tougher. They are guys learning to play mostly. Same deal at .05/.1 -- PS is tougher. Pacific has soft .05/.1 games too, but I'm nost a big fan of thier software.

Paradise has .1/.2 games. I never played those, since I jumped to .25/.5 before they started offering it. Pacific also has this level.

For .25/.5 games, PS has the toughest games -- harder than .5/1 Party games. Good proving ground. The Pacific and Paradise games are more lucrative.

I recommend Paradise. This is a good place to slowly build a bankroll. This is what I did. It takes a few months, but as you slowly move up it grows exponentially -- if you play well. When you hit the stage where you can start bonus whoring, it spikes.

Good luck. Post or pm me if you have any other questions.