Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2004, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Some notes on STATS

Something else to consider is the range of experience and skill represented by this group.
For someone at the upper end of the scale the possibility that their total aggression is really 1.47 when it is showing up at 1.49 may be something to be concerned about.
For a rookie like me it was really a big help to find out that I was way off. I had been playing for about 5 weeks at Pacific and was a survivor at best. I felt I was winning my share of hands but I could never make much headway in my bankroll.
I signed up at Paradise and got PT.
I got about 400 hands loaded up and found out that my total aggression is .39 for those hands.
Now I know, from reading here, that the sample size is way to small for it to be accurate long term but it was an eye opener.
I decided to try and increase my aggression on good hands but not change what hands I play.
I have only done this at Pacific right now but will give it a try at Paradise soon.
The result, so far, is that although I don't think I am winning any more hands, the pots in the hands I win are much larger. As a result I'm now building my bankroll.
Yes this could be a fluke and yes the sample size is too small. However, this change, for now, has made a positive difference in my game. If this continues I will have a bit of cushion in my bankroll and feel more comfortable in trying other changes.
It also makes the inevitable loses easier to take because I have more confidence that I will be able to recover.
I have posted one hand so far and received great feedback. I will post others for the same reason.
I hope this isn't off topic for what you intended but I felt it was important.

Luckydog
Old 10-21-2004, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are such an ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO! when i saw the topic i was thinking here we go with a bison wannabe, but i was surprised to see a d!ckhead type post.

this thread is almost like whining about a bad beat, keep it to yourself
Old 10-21-2004, 08:52 PM

It's only funny because you totally missed the point, and the fact that Tom's response was a joke.