Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2004, 11:08 PM

Default Utility of Deals during Party Poker 20+2 SnG.. READ

http://www.pokertips.org/strategy/expected-utility.php

Hi, I recently played a Party 20+2 SnG. We were down to our final 4 players. The chipleader at the time asked me if I wanted to split the top two place winnigs (100+60 = 180) into even 80/80. Utility of deal.. Now I ended up winning and taking the 100 but he really wanted me to come to his PRVT room and pretty much chip dump 20 dollars his way... Is this looked upon as illegal by Party?? I understand Utility of Deal is common for some people but I found this too be REALLY fishy and did not want to risk getting screwed by Party. Any ideas, thoughts would be appreciated.

Say
Old 12-13-2004, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Utility of Deals during Party Poker 20+2 SnG.. READ

Why would you split when you could win??

I dont know what their policy is on this. I;m pretty sure they frown on transfering 70 to him and then having him transfer 50 back if you only wanted to give him 20.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:16 PM

Well you could split it to raise EV of you were less than a coinflip HU. Or you could just work on your HU play...
Old 12-13-2004, 11:45 PM

Don't even think about chopping a $22 SnG. Chopping only makes sense if you are close to winning a tournament that pays out thousands of dollars. It makes sense in that case, because you may never see a payout that big again. If you get knocked out fourth in a $22, you can always jump into another.

As for Party backing you up if the guy screwed you, I wouldn't count on it. Just play it out.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:08 AM

My point in this posting was NOT to ask for advice on how to play HU.. Apparently, im good enough to win that table. My question was, is this illegal or not. Simple question. Please re-read my post
Old 12-14-2004, 12:51 AM

What are the options for chopping a large amount at Party? is there anything safe or is it just hoping for moeny transfers? if you are caught doing this will party freeze your account?
Old 12-14-2004, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My point in this posting was NOT to ask for advice on how to play HU.. Apparently, im good enough to win that table. My question was, is this illegal or not. Simple question. Please re-read my post

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting a 1 instead of a 2 in an SNG means you were on the winning side of a coinflip, for the most part.

Secondly, there is nothing 'illegal' on party poker, it's all pseudo legal anyways.

Thirdly, yes, they could decide to freeze your account for chip dumping. They do try to prevent money laundering as best they can, and in a way chip dumping is money laundering, even if unintentionally.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:59 AM

The guy wanted me to go to a private room and sit with 20 bucks (if we agreed upon the split, the winner who gets 100 owes the 2nd place winner 20 bucks) and just call his raises to the river and fold. I found that HIGHLY fishy and didnt want to even deal with it.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:01 AM

Even if you agreed in the chat, its non binding. Im sure he had no intention of splitting, but wanted to get an extra 20 if he lost.