Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: The US Prison System

Oh I see, this is the part where you pick apart the details of my prison time in an attempt to convince yourself or others that original post was in fact true? No thanks. I'm not really sure why the amount of time spent would matter. It wasn't very long, however there was no time stipulation in your post. Suffice it to say I was in a west coast prison where there were inmates convicted of murder, and your whole fantasy of prison rape is simply not a reflection of any reality that I witnessed while there, or heard of from anyone else who had been to other prisons. What exactly is your basis for making these claims?
Old 11-28-2005, 12:55 AM

Some guys just wanna get buttraped, don't try to convince him. He has already decided that in order to get buttraped, he'd better go to prison.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, you should really stop watching OZ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know at least 4 people who have been to prison. 2 of them I was good friends with growing up, and since they've got out I haven't said too much to them about it, but from what they've said to me it isn't as bad as it's made out to be.

The two I know best went to federal prisons. I always thought they were considered the "pound me in the aZZ prisons, but I guess I was wrong" my friend said they are more laid back than the state prisons.

A friend of mine's dad will be released in 2006 after serving over 9 years for dealing drugs. When the inmate's mother died, he was allowed to travel back to his hometown to be at her funeral, and stay overnight at his house with his wife. His chaperone also stayed with the family. I've never heard of anything like that before.

I used to watch Oz and think it was what jail was "REALLY" like. Guess not
Old 11-28-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The father of a friend of mine was recently released from prison. He spent 4 1/2 years there for white collar crimes that included bilking millions. He lost everything and now him and his wife live in a trailer park.

I bet he'll never do that again.

[/ QUOTE ]

zing!
Old 11-28-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you will be approached by many who will offer you material possesions or protection in exchange for you to be their wife. If you refuse to be someone's wife you will basically have to fight them off.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what Ive learned, this is a myth.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:01 AM

From what Ive read, every report puts a minimum of 10% of inmates of having been raped. But rape isnt the point. The point is that prison's do not rehabilitate.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow, you should really stop watching OZ.

[/ QUOTE ]

The two I know best went to federal prisons. I always thought they were considered the "pound me in the aZZ prisons, but I guess I was wrong" my friend said they are more laid back than the state prisons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a friend when I was a teenager in Arkansas who had done a few years in the prison featured in the movie 'Brubaker' (Cummins). His advice to me was: "If you're ever in trouble and you know they're coming for you, get to another state and do a crime there; then turn yourself in to the FBI. Maybe you'll do federal time. 'Cause you don't want to go to prison in Arkansas."

- He did mention regarding rape that there were enough bitches selling ass for protection that if you were willing to fight, you wouldn't get [censored].
Old 11-28-2005, 01:33 AM

I haven't read your post yet but I have a feeling that is is going to be a criticism so I'll say this....

There isn't much going to change in the prison system. It is unlikely you'll see a politician running as pro-inmate or fighting for prisoners rights or their actually being a real push in congress or on the local level to initiate legislation helping prisoners.

mmmm ok lets see how I did.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From what Ive read, every report puts a minimum of 10% of inmates of having been raped. But rape isnt the point. The point is that prison's do not rehabilitate.

[/ QUOTE ]

addressing your new point, prisions dont masquerade as being rehabilitative. they are punative.

texas alone struggles w/ housing all of its inmates and giving the electric chair to the others. no time for counseling.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

addressing your new point, prisions dont masquerade as being rehabilitative. they are punative.

texas alone struggles w/ housing all of its inmates and giving the electric chair to the others. no time for counseling.

[/ QUOTE ]

No time for fact checking either, it would seem. Texas uses lethal injection .