Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 11:54 PM

Default SB-BB need some advice

im in a tourney right now about 2 and half hours in

ill be stuck at this table for a while. i have 14k in chips the guy to my left has 10k. av stack 6k blinds 200-400. the problem is this guy is raisin my bb every chance he gets and sometimes when he is on the button. do i take it and just wait for a good hand or do i push back??? and if so with what range of hands?
Old 10-08-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: SB-BB need some advice

I'm confused... he's on your left then he's raising your BB from UTG? Or do you mean he's on your right?
Old 10-08-2005, 12:36 AM

I assume he is to the right.

If he is raising every time from the SB, you can push wioth a pp, two high cards, or a suited connector/gapper.

If you are comfortable playing a flop against him, you can also flat call. You have position.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:56 AM

I'm guessing he's two to your "right", but two to your left if you're looking at a computer screen. So, he's on the button when you're in the bb. One very important thing you need to find out is if he will back down to a reraise or not. If so, I like taking any two cards and going over the top (usually not all-in, but enough so that he doesn't have odds to call with trash). If he raises to 1100, i'll reraise to 3600. Part of the reason why he's picking on you is because it sounds like you're not defending your BB. If you come over the top of him, he'll think twice before raising your bb next time. If you think he'll call a substantial raise, you can always call his PF raise with most any ace KQ down to K6, QJ-Q9, JT, most pairs (given he's raising your bb very frequently, hands like JT becomes very playable against opponents who don't need a premium hand to raise). Figure out what makes him fold. If you saw him fold to a reraise PF, you may want to try that line. If you saw him fold to a modest bet on the flop, then you may want to try the same line. Predict what your opponent will do in response to an action you take. If you can accurately predict what he will do, you'll own him.

-mike