Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: For whom the bell tolls

What the hell are you talking about? Where's the basis? The drug war is the neocon's fault? Get real...
Old 11-02-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: No other word for this but tyranny

It was Jeb
Old 11-02-2005, 11:03 PM

I was reading a story about a non-violent drug dealer in Salt Lake City being arrested - He had a gun on him when he was arrested and the Judge had to give him the mandated 55 years - he gave a child killer/molester 25 years but had to give a mininum mandated sentence to this 50 something guy for selling dope.

I use weed, and I have a gun, but I'm not committing a felony by having one - but in this case, they said it fell under a statute and although the judge knew it was BS, he said until it was changed he had to institute a mininum mandatory sentence of 55 years.

I wil never again vote for anyone who thinks I'm a criminal for smoking weed or that I deserve to go to jail for doing so - it's a bullshit law from Jim Crow days and it's time for it to go.

[censored] alcoholics telling me I can't smoke weed - bullshit.

RB
Old 11-02-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wil never again vote for anyone who thinks I'm a criminal for smoking weed or that I deserve to go to jail for doing so - it's a bullshit law from Jim Crow days and it's time for it to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, you want government, you take the good with the bad.

Now you see what it's like for everyone that disagrees with you when government does what YOU want.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was reading a story about a non-violent drug dealer in Salt Lake City being arrested - He had a gun on him when he was arrested and the Judge had to give him the mandated 55 years - he gave a child killer/molester 25 years but had to give a mininum mandated sentence to this 50 something guy for selling dope.

I use weed, and I have a gun, but I'm not committing a felony by having one - but in this case, they said it fell under a statute and although the judge knew it was BS, he said until it was changed he had to institute a mininum mandatory sentence of 55 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sickening.

[ QUOTE ]
I wil never again vote for anyone who thinks I'm a criminal for smoking weed or that I deserve to go to jail for doing so

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome! So who will you vote for now that all Democrats and Republicans are off your list?

natedogg
Old 11-03-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you see what it's like for everyone that disagrees with you when government does what YOU want.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he will never see it that way.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:28 AM

This is the best answer I heard in a long time. Everybody is just talk, no action. The USA is a country founded by a revolution, but they don't want to change anything with a revolution. Blame it on Bush...wah wah wah...I need my drugs...boo hoo

Maybe they can all move to a deserted Island where PVN can initiate his rule of not initiating any rules as per the ancient Celts (although the history books say they had many fiefdoms and traded slaves) and start importing drugs.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:30 AM

there have been some Democrats who have supported decriminalization/legalization - Jimmy Carter, Paul Wellstone.

MN used to have a grassroots party who's sole purpose was the decriminalization of marijuana - the candidate now works for NORML but the fuckers never check or read their emails or else they're too blitzed to check -

RB
Old 11-03-2005, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

things change.

RB
Old 11-03-2005, 05:18 AM

Default It tolls for you

[ QUOTE ]
The abuses of the drug war are certainly not the sole province of the "neocons" .

[/ QUOTE ]

I generalised. (What's wrong with you people? Every other time someone makes a tangential point of generalizes, you scream "bloody hijack!" What is this, the TwoPlusTwo Airline?)

As to the neo-cons and The War On Drugs ...yeah, right! As if the agenda of the two camps, the liberals' and the conservatives', treat drug use the same way.

Where in the solar system are you guys living ?