Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Stars $45K

Good news: I managed to find the LAG gear!
Bad news: He had QQ. Oh well, given the amount of sucking out I've done to get here, it seems kind of like a freeroll (not really, I want those chips back [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

Down to 6th in chips out of 8, but at least it's a final table!
Old 11-02-2005, 05:37 AM

Busted 7th. 1.8k is no $12k [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Who knows what could have happened had I just not been a LAG donk on the final table bubble. Probably could have gotten a few more g's out of this. Oh well. Thanks to all who sweated.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Busted 7th. 1.8k is no $12k [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Who knows what could have happened had I just not been a LAG donk on the final table bubble. Probably could have gotten a few more g's out of this. Oh well. Thanks to all who sweated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played fine. He's folding a lot of hands there. Just so happened he woke up with QQ. Five handed, that's just unlucky. Don't be hard on yourself.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think you played fine. He's folding a lot of hands there. Just so happened he woke up with QQ. Five handed, that's just unlucky. Don't be hard on yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, that was certainly what I was thinking at the time. I had a twinge of doubt (something like "hold up a sec, he's probably going to open-jam stuff he would be willing to fold to a reraise" and "what if he has a monster this time and I become a shorty at the final table?") but it was quickly replaced by "you're the biggest stack at this table, jam" and "stop seeing monsters like a pussy!"

It's kind of funny, I actually LAG my way out of the $11r more than any other tournament I play. I just usually do it in the 3rd hour rather than the 6th. I certainly played much tighter than I usually do throughout the entire thing. That probably helped. Sucking out a few times didn't hurt...

Ah well, I was hoping to make a $4k score so I could at least take a couple of shots at the PCA. But, I guess I'll just have to grind some more in between classes and stuff.

Thanks again for the sweat. Time to try and sleep.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:08 AM

You were Pechorin then? I was at the final table with ya. That guy was a luckbox for sure. Next time I'll check for brown trout with a sup bro. I started to make my own sweat post, then by the time I posted it, I got knocked out.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You were Pechorin then? I was at the final table with ya. That guy was a luckbox for sure. Next time I'll check for brown trout with a sup bro. I started to make my own sweat post, then by the time I posted it, I got knocked out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. I too was a luckbox. It was about time I didn't catch a break when I couldn't win the coinflip vs. his Q9. By the way, I think I jammed your BB twice. One of those times I had KK; I was really hoping for a spite call [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Well played, congratulations on the score.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. I too was a luckbox. It was about time I didn't catch a break when I couldn't win the coinflip vs. his Q9. By the way, I think I jammed your BB twice. One of those times I had KK; I was really hoping for a spite call [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Well played, congratulations on the score.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not overly defensive of my blinds in situations like that. I was really card dead for most of the time we were there. Most of the time I had cards like Q5 and 73 when you pushed on me. I felt like some of those bigger stacks were going to knock each other out, so I was biding my time. It was funny, I was thinking to myself during the FT that we were taking the same strategy, playing tight and moving up. I felt like I was going to get paid with any decent hand, so I wasn't trying to push the issue. Besides, it looked like the egos at our table were going to undo some of the larger stacks.

I did get a chance to get a million chips on my last hand. I re-raised all-in vs. the chip leader with 77. I almost did a stop and go, but I figured I was probably signifcantly ahead of him, so I pushed instead. He caught the 3 outer on the river. I thought I would be able to finish above the two LAG players, Aamigo and Rappie if I could get anywhere near their chip levels. That would have done it, but it wasn't meant to be.

Anyway, GG to you too. Too bad one of us couldn't win it.