Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Pokernow locked my account

I just think it's strange that they would lock my account because my party and empire accounts have a different address than my pokernow account. I'm not complaining, they did unlock my account.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dang, so it sounds like those of us who don't have an account at PokerNow but do have Party / Empire accounts are SOL when trying to sign up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have accounts at Party, Empire, and Euro. I signed up for PokerNow the other day using the moon1 code and the NEWDEAL code for $300 worth of bonuses. I cleared them today and cashed out without any problems. The only thing I had to do was email them a picture of my ID to confirm my identity, and they said that's only because my cash out was more than 3k. I think that's a standard pay-pro thing. Anyways, no problems here.

To the OP - You might get by with just sending them a picture of your ID. Ask if you can do that instead and tell them you're not comfortable giving out that sensitive info.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:18 AM

I dealt with another place that wanted ID and I gave it to them but with my SS# and bank account # blanked out and they were satisfied. I think having several docs with my address and phone # and other info being consistent satisfied them.

I refinanced my house a couple of years ago with Wells Fargo and the police found a photocopy of my docs in the car of some people they had arrested on suspicion of false docs. They had used my SS# alone to get false ID's in other states and ran up tens and tens of thousands of bills. Absolute disaster.

I try not to let anyone have my SS# anymore, although sometimes it's unavoidable.