Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2004, 07:57 AM

Default Discussion Hand #1

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, CO calls.

River: (15.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

O.k. How do you play this one, because I had know I idea what I was doing and sure do hate that feeling. What do you do each street? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Discussion Hand #1

Bizarre river check.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:34 AM

Tell me about it...but I realized that anyone with a Ten now beats me. Do I still bet anyways and if I bet and I'm raised do I call?
Old 08-20-2004, 08:44 AM

Here is my version

First, got to assume you are ahead, so get as many bets in as you can and make it expensive for flush draws. You hope some people (especially someone with a J, in case a 10 comes on the board) will drop out.

I think that means check-raise the flop and check-raise the turn too (nobody will believe you have a made straight).

Then I would just bet the river. If someone has a 10 thats just too bad; call the raise, in case its just another 6, 5 or trips.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:52 AM

I disagree,

I think checking the board is very very dangerous at these levels. Checking around on the flop is very common. And this board is definately a drawing board so I bet out. At least this my was thinking at the time.

But I do believe your right I just have to suck it up on the river and bet and call raise if it comes.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:58 AM

Well personally I would think this board is too well co-ordinated to be checked around

ie. At least 1 player would be very likely to have something they think is worth betting here.

An overpair is possible, 2 pair is possible, someone may have a 9 or a 10 and there is even a chance of a straight-flush draw.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:20 AM

O.k. you've convinced me.

c/r, c/r,....slow down to resistance, definately see a showdown.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:22 AM

I'd play it the same, check raise is risky cos it often gets checked through. Of course if there is a maniac then a checkraise is good but on a passive table I wouldnt bother.

The check on the river is fair enough, you have to call it and if someone raises your bet then you have to pay double if they have a 10.

No way is a 10 going to fold that flop or turn.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:28 AM

Crocket:

[ QUOTE ]
O.k. you've convinced me.

c/r, c/r,....

[/ QUOTE ]

You play flop and turn play are just fine. Get in the habit of betting you good hands on the flop.

--Rico
Old 08-20-2004, 09:31 AM

Flop: Definitley would have tried a check raise. With 5 callers I am almost positive you would have had a bet.

Turn: This was ok. I am putting CO on having a 6 and also hitting the straight.

River: Becasue of his raise on the turn I don't think you can put him on a 10. You definitely have to raise or check raise here. Worst that can happen is you split the pot.

Overall you played it pretty good except the river.

RN