Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2004, 12:08 PM

Default Harrah\'s Freeroll

I posted this question on the B&M but got no response.

I got a promotional deal from Harrah's in the mail. They are willing to fly me out, put me up, and let me play in a free roll. It looks to be about a 50K free roll. 1st gets 10K plus a seat at the 2005 wsop, 2nd gets 7500, and so on. My question is, can anyone guesstimate the total number of entrants, or has anyone ever done this before? I'm thinking somewhere around a couple hundred.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Harrah\'s Freeroll

How did you qualify for this freebie? Sounds great. No idea how many will be playing.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2004, 01:28 PM

If you are a good player, you should definitely not play in this event. Just kidding, I will be playing in the Jan 29th freeroll - and played in 1 at the Rio last year. All in all a good deal, free room and a chance at a nice score. In the one I played previously they were expecting 150 people and got close to 300. This one I believe they are expecting 300, not sure if they are going to cap it. I actually got knocked out pretty early last time because I tried to bluff an unbluffable player. Didn't get to see much of the quality of play but I would expect it to be a mixture of solid play and loose gambling types since you have to be a players card holder to play. This one has rebuys which the previous one didn't so that will be interesting and probably make the tables even looser.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:37 PM

I put quite a bit of money in play the last time I was out. I get a promotional deal once a week from those guys. The funny thing is I only make about one trip a year. I kept getting slot tourneys, blackjack tournys, and everything else but poker. I knew it was only a matter of time given the rising popularity of poker and Harrah's buy out of Binion's. If played right, I'll be able to fly out to Lake Tahoe for a ski trip, do the Harrah's free roll, and take off for Acapulco during consective weeks in January. The Acapulco deal has nothing to do with Harrah's.

I just don't want to grind out a 2000 plus tourney over the course of the weekend only to finish 30th and win a buffet. Regardless, I'm going since it's on their nickel.