Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 10:30 AM

Default 1/2 NL at the MGM

Couple of hands here from early this morning.

8 players, solid table image, fairly loose table.
I have $270 or so in front of me and am on the button. As I am looking down at two kings, the BB who is talking alot says something about going all-in in the dark. It is folded around to me, and I limp in for $2 to trap. The SB calls and the BB "does" look at his hand and moves all-in for $36. I immediatly move in and the SB nearly beats me in the pot with a stack of about $120.
I turn up the kings, BB turns up K10 off, and the SB turns up AK. SB spikes an ace on the turn and I lose a huge pot.
So bad luck, or should I have played it diffrently somewhere. SB said he would have moved all in if I had only called the $36.

Later,

A very laggy asain fellow from Cali. is now at the table and has already called a $100 all-in with 46 suited. He is raising every hand to around $12 and is playing most hands. He always raised from the button. Villian raises one off the button to $20. I am the SB and look at AK. He could have anything and probably does. Button folds, and I raise to $50 straight. All fold around to him and he calls. Flop is J 10 7 rainbow. I check(figuring a raise if I bet) and he moves all in and has me covered. I have about $60 left. I go into the tank and finally decide to call. I figure if he has a pair I have 10 outs. I turn my hand up and he shows only a 4 and says "4 high". Then he moves the 4 and says "with a pair of sevens." I didn't catch my card and he busted me. Left scratching my head but will surely return to that game as it is very juicey.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Re: 1/2 NL at the MGM

First hand is a trap, you've got him dominated you got precisely what action you wanted to occur, welldone.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:31 AM

First hand was well played.

I would have beat his ass for slow rolling you. But you should have pushed yourself, although since you were short stacked you didnt have much behind. Did you rebuy?
Old 06-27-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First hand was well played.

I would have beat his ass for slow rolling you. But you should have pushed yourself, although since you were short stacked you didnt have much behind. Did you rebuy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I have been thinking about this hand today and I agree I should have pushed on the flop. Put the decision on him to call with a pair of sevens.
He probably would have still made the call, however I would have felt better about that play.

I did not rebuy, it was 5am.