Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Maniacal Table

PartyPoker NL 25 6-Max

Table average is around 70/35 and Villain in this hand is 65/20. I'm playing tighter than usual since there is so much aggression post-flop.
Standard table raise from LP is around $2 and that routinely gets 3 callers.

Hero ($40) is BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain ($45) is UTG

Villain raises to $1
CO calls $1
Button folds
SB calls $.90
Hero calls $.75

Flop ($4) : 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG checks
CO checks
SB checks
Hero bets $3
Villain raises to $9
CO folds
SB folds
Hero?

Thoughts: I might have the best hand now, and I've likely got the best draw, should I re-raise here and blow him out of the water? Or should I call and then go from there?

Further action in white:
<font color="white">
Hero raises all-in to $36
Villain calls
</font>
Old 05-13-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Maniacal Table

standard
Old 05-13-2005, 06:04 PM

It's standard if I'm sure he has Aces, it's not standard if I think he has a worse hand that he might fold. Sure, he called me here, but do I really want to show this much strength early on and give him a chance to get away from a worse King?
Old 05-13-2005, 06:37 PM

Make him pay reasonably (fish). I've learned that ppl will call pre-flop with like 46o, and hit a 466 board.

Here's my psychology for dealing with it. I value bet. Also, I realize that 10 DIFFERENT people may do that crap to me, but if you were to focus on SOLELY one of those 10 ppl, they probably are losing money.

I guess, raise, and if you get re-raised, fold. But without a read of the player, it's hard. Percentage wise, if he sucks, and you know it, raise him hard. That's what happened to me. I got sucked out. BUT then i followed him to another table, waited like 15 minutes, then got my money back. no joke.

lol

maniacs, though. I hear ya.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's standard if I'm sure he has Aces, it's not standard if I think he has a worse hand that he might fold. Sure, he called me here, but do I really want to show this much strength early on and give him a chance to get away from a worse King?

[/ QUOTE ]

oops. i didn't really answer your question. I say, if you know he's maniacal, he might not even have a king!
lol.
get a good read. make sure he hasn't two-paired or setted that board. THen let loose and make him pay for a stupid drawing hand that he has.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:27 PM

Default YOU SHOULDN\'T HAVE TO POST THIS STOP CLOGGING UP THE FORUM GO ALL IN

D
Old 05-13-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: YOU SHOULDN\'T HAVE TO POST THIS STOP CLOGGING UP THE FORUM GO ALL IN

lol. he posted this on another one too...

I actually wouldn't discount this as a reasonable solution in this situation though.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:29 PM

so what did he have? please reveal. thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2005, 09:11 PM

Against a table this "maniacal" you should play premium hands only and give the idiots enough rope to hang themselves. Bet, call, raise, fold, whatever! You are playing TPTK with the 2nd Nut flush draw against a fool who is most likely playing j4o. Let him lead you to his chip stack with his bets and raises. When you make your flush then pounce on him, otherwise if you raise him on that flop you face two possibilities.

1. He is playing JackShit and Jack just left town and he will fold. Not the play for maximum extraction.

2. He has you crucified and you will most likely lose all your chips.

Let maniacs dig their own graves.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:49 PM

I'm raising this all-in basically every time.

Ryan