Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Awkward Situation

Party 25$ Buy in.

I have 45$ and both villains have over 50$. Both villains seem tight. CO is aggressive and SB is passive.

I am dealt QQ and open-raise to 1$ from two off the button. CO makes it 2$ more and small blind calls. BB folds and I make it 6 more. The CO makes it 6 more and the small blind calls as do I.

45$ in the pot. Flop comes 6c 7h 4d. Small blind bets 3.75 into a 45$ pot.

what do I do?
Old 05-15-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Awkward Situation

why did you put in a 3rd raise preflop when you're reraised by a tight player? take a flop for $2 and play some poker...

his 4th raise can't be anything but AA/KK, so you're playing for set value, and SB knows that too. i think SB has AA and was trapping the both of you. fold.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:40 PM

I don't like reraising with Queens with a few exceptions. This wouldn't be one of them.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party 25$ Buy in.

I have 45$ and both villains have over 50$. Both villains seem tight. CO is aggressive and SB is passive.

I am dealt QQ and open-raise to 1$ from two off the button. CO makes it 2$ more and small blind calls. BB folds and I make it 6 more. The CO makes it 6 more and the small blind calls as do I.

45$ in the pot. Flop comes 6c 7h 4d. Small blind bets 3.75 into a 45$ pot.

what do I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you're way behind the CO at this point, but you were correct in calling the last PF raise.

FWIW, I call this bet with any two cards, and see what the real hand does.

Edit: Swolfe's post makes a lot of sense too... it takes a bigger hand to call than to raise...
Old 05-15-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why did you put in a 3rd raise preflop when you're reraised by a tight player? take a flop for $2 and play some poker...

his 4th raise can't be anything but AA/KK, so you're playing for set value, and SB knows that too. i think SB has AA and was trapping the both of you. fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, Villain has $30 behind, the pot is $45, and you're therefore getting nearly correct odds to chase your set, as long as the CO doesn't pound you into submission. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No way, Villain has $30 behind, the pot is $45, and you're therefore getting nearly correct odds to chase your set, as long as the CO doesn't pound you into submission. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the problem. we're not closing the action and have a CO that showed that he likes his hand preflop. SB's weak lead, followed by a call will almost certainly be followed up by a raise from the CO.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the problem. we're not closing the action and have a CO that showed that he likes his hand preflop. SB's weak lead, followed by a call will almost certainly be followed up by a raise from the CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...

It sucks, but yeah... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]