Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-28-2005, 03:13 PM

Default River fold in a big pot + Non-Standard Flop Line

SB is 43/11/1. He's shown a tendency to overvalue showdown with overcards, but he doesn't get aggressive with them when he misses. In other words, he calls down with A high, and doesn't raise when he misses on the flops. That's pretty much my only read of him thus far.

BB has been fairly tight and passive while I've been playing with him. 14/0/0.5 All he's been doing is calling sometimes pre-flop, then folding the flop. This read is not over many hands, so take that as its worth.

Button has been fairly lagolicious the last couple of hands, but I've only played with him an orbit. He's been going to showdown a lot and losing at showdown a lot. He's something like 75/35/1, but only after an orbit. Seems like a standard lagtard pre-flop, but one who likes to call down if faced with aggression.

I made a non-standard play on the flop. I've been messing around with taking this line in this situation a few times (flop TPTK or Top Two after a pre-flop raise and you get donkbet). My plan is to raise any turn. I think that it's fairly important to vary your play in this game, as even the lags can read hands. Anyway, I'm not too worried about giving a cheaper card to the flush draws (if they're out there), as the pot is big enough such that it becomes correct for the flush draws to stay in no matter the number of bets. Anyway, whatever.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (22 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB raises and is all in (hand converter messed up- he raises to 17.76 to go all in), Hero folds

Yeah?
Old 12-28-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: River fold in a big pot + Non-Standard Flop Line

i dont like just calling the flop because we can face button with 2. but that can't really be that bad.

i think this is an easy river fold. what were you going to do if BB had folded the river? raise again after SB caps the turn and leads? i'd just call and expect to see 44 often.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: River fold in a big pot + Non-Standard Flop Line

meh, bump.

miles- if bb had folded the river, i wouldve called sb's bet. if he checked, i would have bet. prolly called a c/r, but that's probably bad.