Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Party 2/4NL: Flopped Straight w/ OESFD 3-handed

Can anyone misplay this any worse? Do you lead the flop? I don't really know what I was nervous of. I guess a higher flush was in my head or possibly even a set that could fill up for a cheap price. Amyways, I'd appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks,
-Ace

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converter

MP2 ($396)
CO ($409.70)
Button ($396)
Hero ($542.80)
BB ($465)
UTG ($389.90)
UTG+1 ($241.60)
MP1 ($363.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $4, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($16) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $15</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $15, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $50</font>, MP2 calls $35, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $150</font>, BB folds, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $266

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Hero wins $266. </font>
Old 08-23-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Party 2/4NL: Flopped Straight w/ OESFD 3-handed

Wow. This line is an outrageous display of agression. The only people who are sticking around are the NFD (with decent odds) and a set.

Check. Call. Raise over BBs CR. = MONSTER

Lead the flop, and the rest will fall into place.

As it plays out, I would be very nervous about a better flush being out there (MP), so I think your raise is okay.

Alternatively, you could just call, representing the flush draw, and pray for a non [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn. C/Ring all in. I'm pretty sure BB will bet here,since he (rightfully) should put at least one of you on the draw, and it's hard to see a set or straight being so passive on the flop, although a giving free card would truly suck ass.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone misplay this any worse?

[/ QUOTE ]im actually trying to think of a way this could be possible.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:53 PM

lead flop, call raise, ck raise blank turn, is my favorite line. I only check this flop if it's for a very specific reason, that being said, happens 1% of the time, the other 99% of the time I lead flop.