Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Please kick me in the nuts

[ QUOTE ]
She? Since when do we assume a poker player is a girl?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I peeked at the results in white?!? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 10:20 PM

Final Pot 179.50? Isn't it be 226? You were getting almost 4-1 on the river call? I suspect you are behind with the second king falling, but I don't see how you can lay this down with those odds.

I would have to have a super reliable read to fold this river.

Gojacketz
Old 08-18-2005, 10:21 PM

LMFAO [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 10:25 PM

As much as I would be willing to kick you in the nuts [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], that just doesn't seem right since you got the villain to blow off his whole stack with an underpair to the board. Be sure to note this hand in your PT notes on this guy so you can play AA against him exactly like this every time. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 03:01 AM

I'm going to have to go against the grain here and say that I would have played it the same. When he bets into you on the flop, I think this is WA/WB situation. He either flopped a set, has A-K, or is on a continuation bet. Any of those things puts you pretty well ahead or well behind. And well the king is the worst possible card for you, I think you have to call the river with those odds. I don't like it, but I think you have to. I don't know about this player, but most the time, you raise him on the flop you lose him. The way you played it, you ended up stacking him. I'm fine with it.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:13 AM

Raise the flop. Fold to a reraise. If he's still around, half-pot the turn and check behind on the river.