Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 02:17 PM

Default ($11) Three hands

6-Handed (50/100)

Hero (t3100): i'm in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
shortstack in CO who hasn't played a hand agressively in awhile pushes t760. i call.

5-handed (75/150)

Hero (t4745): i raise t415 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. villian in CO reraises all-in to t2330, SB and BB both fold. villian has gone from sitting pretty good as the chipleader to next to last in chips. he has also seem me take advantage of his dwendling stack with raises to him [without the added benefit of seeing my hole cards]. i call.

3-Handed *a usual trouble spot for me* (75/150)

Hero (t7525) in BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

(t450) flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB (t3360) checks, Hero checks, CO bets t150, SB calls 150, i fold after pausing for awhile [ my first impulse was to raise].

thoughts-
Old 10-05-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: ($11) Three hands

Hand #1 is fine.

Hand #2- Fold. It helps to see the other stacks to have some frame of reference on where both you and villian stand. You just have A9s facing a sizeable reraise. Pretty easy muck.

Hand #3- Pretty sure you need to lead out there. A min bet and call aren't exactly screaming "MONSTER HERE." Check raising also works, but I like the lead better.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:34 PM

Hand 1: I'd call

Hand 2: What are the sizes of the chip stacks? I'd fold pre-flop if I'm in early position and am the chip leader. If I decide to raise and get re-raised, I'm folding.

Hand 3: I'd lead out with a bet of about 2/3 the pot on the turn, fold to a re-raise and check/fold on the turn if called.

MisterW
Old 10-05-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1 is fine.

Hand #2- Fold. It helps to see the other stacks to have some frame of reference on where both you and villian stand. You just have A9s facing a sizeable reraise. Pretty easy muck.

Hand #3- Pretty sure you need to lead out there. A min bet and call aren't exactly screaming "MONSTER HERE." Check raising also works, but I like the lead better.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2.
stacks-
villian 2330
SB 2495
BB 3360
UTG 570
Hero 4745

[/ QUOTE ]