Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Don\'t understand this ($555)-Stars

[ QUOTE ]
If you run this through ICM I get the feeling that the worst mathematical mistake made in this hand was Mehn's not pushing PF, because when 'She' folds he is probably wrong to call this reraise that Johnny's gonna make with one and a half cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmm------
Old 09-01-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Don\'t understand this ($555)-Stars

[ QUOTE ]
I love the 98 play. She figures that there is no way Massah calls with her being so close to being bubbled out. That means she can triple up while only going against one player, a player who is big-stack bullying and may not have much of a hand. If she doesn't call and Massah folds, it's pretty much lights out for her.

Of course, considering that Massah didn't fold it didn't quite work out for her as planned but I love the play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why does Massah have to call with only a monster here? Once the shorty calls, a call from Massah means She has to beat two players if Massah calls. Knowing Bax has some pretty loose reraising standards here, this seems like a good chance to try and more than double up with a strong (but not a monster) hand.