Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: What\'s Your Take on Ivey\'s Play?

I'm getting sick of Ivey and his crazy looking expressions he has the table. He looks like a crazy man. I bet on him this time but I'll never bet on him again. He won that little US Poker championship or whatever and that's about it but what else has he won lately ? He dominated a 21 year old, D'Agostino. Congratulations, you dominated a 21 year old. He lost because he played like a moron. He didn't respect his opponents enough. He thought his opponent would just put all his money in with Ace high ?
Old 07-15-2005, 12:48 AM

He dominated one of the Pot-Limit Omaha Event. If you read the blog at cardplayer, is riiculous how from 14 players to 1, he just run through the tournament.
He is a great player.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting sick of Ivey and his crazy looking expressions he has the table. He looks like a crazy man. I bet on him this time but I'll never bet on him again. He won that little US Poker championship or whatever and that's about it but what else has he won lately ? He dominated a 21 year old, D'Agostino. Congratulations, you dominated a 21 year old. He lost because he played like a moron. He didn't respect his opponents enough. He thought his opponent would just put all his money in with Ace high ?

[/ QUOTE ]Cry a river, you lost a bet blah blah blah. It was probaly a crappy be anyway. And yea iVey is pure [censored] damn he sucks
Old 07-15-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

John D'Agostino is no joke, and had ivey all-in in a coinflip situation. 50% of the time we're talkin about the "21 year old beating ivey." Age is irrelevant.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He won that little US Poker championship or whatever and that's about it but what else has he won lately

[/ QUOTE ]

He's clearly not an all-around poker player either. The guy only has bracelets in stud, stud/8, pot-limit omaha, omaha/8, and S.H.O.E. And I guess he's had some decent showings at NL hold 'em. BUT WHAT ABOUT 2-7???? WHERE ARE HIS LIMIT HOLD EM FINISHES???

Edit: He also won the ladies event this year. web page WHY DON'T YOU PLAY SOME MEN, PHIL????

Obviously the guy needs some work on his game. Sure, he can run over no name 21 yr olds like D'angelo or whatever, but when he has to play with the big boys, I think we'll see entirely different results.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He won that little US Poker championship or whatever and that's about it but what else has he won lately

[/ QUOTE ]

He's clearly not an all-around poker player either. The guy only has bracelets in stud, stud/8, pot-limit omaha, omaha/8, and S.H.O.E. And I guess he's had some decent showings at NL hold 'em. BUT WHAT ABOUT 2-7???? WHERE ARE HIS LIMIT HOLD EM FINISHES???

Obviously the guy needs some work on his game. Sure, he can run over no name 21 yr olds like D'angelo or whatever, but when he has to play with the big boys, I think we'll see entirely different results.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh. OP, consider yourself pwned.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:26 AM

Oh, and he certainly doesn't play the highest cash games in the world, right?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:31 AM

yea a man who makes 20m a year from poker clearly does not know what he's doing
Old 07-15-2005, 01:32 AM

I dunno...his games are usually roped off so no real players can get in there and take his money.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:43 AM

Wow, so many Ivey supporters in here. SOOOOOOOOO , how many of you bet $300 on Ivey to win ?

THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT