Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Possible cheater?

I played a 50+5 sng this evening and of all the incredible beats and unlikely events I've seen, this was amazing to the point of suspicion. Before I get responses like, "It happens, it's poker" hear me out. I'm not new to poker and I know that some pretty crazy things happen. But check this out.
First hand two players are in a raising war with a third player calling each raise. Eventually, all three are all in before the flop. The two raisers have AA and KK and the guy in the middle has j9. Flop comes 10,8,7 and he triples up.

Everyone was pretty amused and dumbfounded that this guy put it all in preflop with j9, but we didn't think too much of it until this: Third hand, someone raises to 100 and the big stack calls. Flop comes 8,3,2. The raiser goes all in for 900 and the big stack calls instantly with 10,7! Turn and river are 9,6 for a straight. He now has 4000.

Last hand of round one, a guy raises and the big stack calls. Flop comes a,k,5. The big stack bets out, raiser goes all in and big stack calls. Raiser has ak, big stack has q2! Turn and river are running deuces. So now this guy is up to 5k. Folks, this tourney was over in 32 hands. I came in second by never playing a hand. The rest of us to be eliminated exited in the same fashion, by getting all of our chips in there against this guy with hands that majorly dominated him and his cards came every time.
I'm not complaining, I think it was pretty amusing, but frankly, it was to the point where I had to question if this guy didn't know the five cards to come ahead of time. On a serious note, are there cheaters out there that can crack the software, and if so, do you think this might be a case of that? Should I email Partypoker?
Old 09-21-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Possible cheater?

make friends with the guy and PM me.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:29 AM

You didn't hear that a group of MIT students cracked Party Poker's algorithm?

Search for the posts about it. I thought Party Poker had changed it by now, but I think most 2+2ers are playing on PokerRoom or Stars now.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:39 AM

More amusing than what I was going to post :[
Old 09-21-2005, 09:46 AM

There are people that are actually that bad. Fluky wins like this keep them playing poker. I played agaist one of them in a live 30 person tournament and he was calling and cracking large pocket pairs with complete rags. This is a monthly tournament and it finished with him winning it in less than half the time that the tournament normally takes. The guy seemed to be defying math time and time again.

That said, you know that this guy can't be a long term winner by playing like that UNLESS he's cheating. I suggest checking Poker Prophecy to get an idea of his stats.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't hear that a group of MIT students cracked Party Poker's algorithm?

Search for the posts about it. I thought Party Poker had changed it by now, but I think most 2+2ers are playing on PokerRoom or Stars now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding right?
Old 09-21-2005, 09:58 AM

I've seen people do the exact same thing in B&M tourneys. I've also seen people on party make those kinds of calls and lose almost immediately like they're supposed to.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:59 AM

Moderator notified. I win!
Old 09-21-2005, 10:14 AM

Are you good and are playing at the 33s?

If you are then... no I am not kidding.

Otherwise, yes.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Folks, this tourney was over in 32 hands. I came in second by never playing a hand.

I'm not complaining

Should I email Partypoker?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is crazy if it was over in 32 hands. Nobody should get 2nd without playing a hand. That is very strange.

You're not complaining? Really? Maybe because you cashed $150 for not doing anything? What if you got knocked out like those other guys? Then would you complain?

I think someone had a good idea when they said check pokerprophecy.com. it will show you his SNG stats. If he's a consistend winner you can assume foul play and email party poker. If he's a big loser then just chalk this one up to dumb luck.

If you dont have pokerprophecy, email his name to someone who does so they can check for you.

I was just playing in a SNG last night and i had AA in the SB with 4 ppl left. UTG minraised to 200, button called, so I pushed for like 2k total (assuming one of these guys would call). UTG thinks for a while and button types in "Call! I'm not calling him! All i have is KJ!" UTG finally folds and button also folds.

I told him I noted that and if he does it again Party finds out. He was like "WHAT? What did I do!?" I had to explain to him how telling the table your cards and that you aren't going to call is cheating. Finally he understood and was all apologetic. lol. I told him, "It's OK, you are obviously new to this game". He was like "WHATEVER, I'm the chipleader b*tch" and I said I know you are new because you cold-called a raise with KJo and a shortstack yet to act in the BB. He had no response. Ends up I win first after pounding him heads up and after I KO'd him I typed in "Who's the chipleader now B*tch" haha. Then I realized it was only a $5+1 and that I just wasted 40 minutes for +$19.

What makes this story much better is the fact that when we were down to 3 left I was in a big pot with him and I had an OESD and an overcard on the turn as he pushed all in. (He could have had anything really). I'd already devoted a large stack of chips to this pot so i was prepared to call him and finish 3rd (I was tired). So i typed in "You got me... but Im tired... I'm callin and I'm out". He responded with "Tell someone who cares". So after hearing this I folded and typed: "OK, you convinced me to stick around and fight this out. I could have just went out third and given you a large chipstack but I'm gonna hang around" lol. Needless to say it felt really nice when I came back and won first.