Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 10:46 PM

Default A free heads up display

Well guys we were gonna charge 10 bucks for this but we're not going to bother anymore.

SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.

It will work for any partypoker skin, eurobet, partypoker, intertops, etc, etc.

Let us know if you like the program or if you have trouble, if you do have trouble you can reach me by either posting here or e-mailing me at aelaguiz@cs.uiowa.edu, or using AIM to IM l0lnix.

If you do like the program you need to let us know, the only way me and CT11 know that you guys will indeed use this and it is worth our time is by the feedback you give us.

You guys designed this, we just programmed it, enjoy.

If its popular, we'll keep working on it, if you guys would prefer to pay for it feel free. We'll just keep working on it if people want us to keep working on it.

Zip file

You need the .net framework from microsoft installed, so if you try to run it and it gives you an error download it from here:

.NET Framework download

---------------------------------------------

1) Download the microsoft .net framework linked above and run the executable, follow the instructions.

2) Download the Zip file above. Extract it anywhere and open the folder PlayerViewNET. Simply double click PlayerViewNET.exe. It should run.

3) You need to select your pokertracker database, ptrack.mdb.

4) To add your poker directories to the list just click on "Add" and navigate to them.

5) You will DEFINATELY want to modify the layout, click on the button on the main application. To show a stat that is not shown select it from the list and click the show checkbox. Changes will be made next time a refresh happens from your databse, 2 minutes by default. To make changes appear instantly click on the Force Update button on the main application.

Notes:

This works with full tables and six max tables indescriminantly. It also works with NL and limit.

The tourney code is not yet functional however it is in place and we were going to activate it soon.

You may encounter strange behaviour with a filtered database. Ignore this or if its bothering you, unfilter your PT database.

Things we were going to add by this weekend but are not sure if you guys are still interested:

1) Tourney code
2) Ability to set labels to different colors depending on their value, ie if someone has a VPIP of 65+ their label is red, while a VPIP of less than 20 is green.
3) Ability to import and export label layouts.
4) Much more...
Old 11-12-2004, 12:00 AM

Default Re: A free heads up display

To anyone that downloaded the program I had forgotten to remove developer debug information from it, try redownloading it and see if that helps, otherwise feel free to IM me or post here with problems.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:40 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

I'm getting a UE when I hit the Mod-Table layout button. It throws up a string with .\table_edited.jpg

That jpeg isn't in the working directory, or in the zip file.

Thx slavic
Old 11-12-2004, 12:43 AM

God I'm sorry I'm putting it up right now. Go ahead and click the link again the new zip contains the JPG.

Forgot about that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2004, 01:13 AM

So how is this thing supposed to work now?
I've got it installed, it's running, my directory is c:\program files\empirepoker, adjusted the layout, it shows the table names I'm on, but I'm not seeing anything [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2004, 01:20 AM

Hey sorry I just discovered that bug, posting a fix in 5 min I'll post when I've got the new version up.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:25 AM

thanks, that was quick [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2004, 01:26 AM

Ok ok, sorry about that NOW it works. Typos, ugh. Tested it a few times to be sure. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2004, 01:26 AM

I live on these forums man, you have no idea [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2004, 01:41 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

Odd, the program looks like it's updating fine but it doesn't put an overlay on the table.

In this case I'm using empire, I had redirected the directories to the HH directories. I changed them back after your last update. The ptracker DB is set, it just isn't putting an overaly down.