Button ($61.15)
SB ($91.35)
<font color="#C00000">BB :#A500AF(villian)/ ($202.10)</font>
UTG ($190)
UTG+1 ($38)
MP1 ($54.60)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($197.20)</font>
CO ($148.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB :#A500AF(villian)/ calls $4.

Flop: ($25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
villian checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, Button folds, villian calls $14, UTG folds.

Turn: ($53) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
villian checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, villian calls $24.

River: ($101) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">villian bets $68</font>, Hero calls $68.

Final Pot: $237
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: $237, between villian and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">High won by Hero ($237) No low.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="yellow">
villian has 6c 6d 9s 3c (High: one pair, sixes).
Hero has 9d Jh Ac 2d (High: one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins $237. </font>

Villian complains how could I call with only 1 pair.

I replied, "yep never bluff a call station like me"

Would you have called there? Why?
Old 07-27-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Re: someone said I was a call station, lol

A case of people getting trying to be a little too smart. I mean he probably thinks hes the only PLO8 player that has ever tried a bluff on the river when the low doesnt get there. Perhaps the biggest questions is, why would he call on the flop? and the turn?

People try this 24/7 I will usually call them down when I have anything decent like say top pair or something along those lines. The reason? Because he didnt show any strenght at any point in the hand and then he comes out betting on the river? I aint buying it.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:07 AM

in the hand of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

I wouldn't be trying this too often.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:30 AM

I guess in this case your right, second pair aint much so in that case its hard to call I looked at it like he was asking do you ever call down people when they try a play like this, which of course the answer is, depends on the person and the read, but fairly often yes, unless of course something obvious got there, but that goes along the lines of depends on the person and the read. However I dont know about the call here second pair? hmmm He might have had a read on the guy or something about how he bet, there is always a reason for these calls.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:47 AM

If you saw what he called on the flop(6c 6d 9s 3c) and how he played before, you know why it's an easy call.

Also I played weak on the flop and turn, and his calls made him even weaker. "Strong means weak, weak means strong" those kind of stuff.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:56 AM

Well, you were betting into him the whole time, no reason for him to think you just had a low draw. Then he leads out with no sign of weakness on your part. I'd fold 99.7% of the time, with the other 0.3% being misclicks.

Nice call, though.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:16 AM

So really, I should be calling in these spots? I guess I can see it with the explanations, but that's an awfully tough call to make (although you did say you had a read and you'd seen the guy try this before). I don't see how I could make it. Does that make me a bad player? Is this an obvious leak in my game?
Old 07-27-2005, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So really, I should be calling in these spots? I guess I can see it with the explanations, but that's an awfully tough call to make (although you did say you had a read and you'd seen the guy try this before). I don't see how I could make it. Does that make me a bad player? Is this an obvious leak in my game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke-post?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So really, I should be calling in these spots?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be clearer than my last post...No, don't call here without at least two of the following: an exceptional read, excess of money, and brief loss of sanity.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To be clearer than my last post...No, don't call here without at least two of the following: an exceptional read, excess of money, and brief loss of sanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, couldnt have said it better myself, except the loss of sanity part? wouldnt you have to be sane to have a read on the guy? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you also cant just have the automuck button ready whenever you miss a low. Sometimes you have to call people down, I mean I think thats the case in every poker game not just omaha. You are not going to call them down all the time, and the few times that you do, not all the calls are going to work out and not all the calls are going to easy or even good looking, but sometimes when you have a read or you think someone is making a play you have to call them down at least to get info on them or something, or else they will just instantly bet pot when a low doesnt get there and try to get you off your hand all the time.