Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2004, 04:46 PM

Default Re: A free heads up display

I'm working on filtering by limit and aggression factors. It'll probably be in that order.

~CT
Old 11-13-2004, 05:07 PM

Great job guys. I sent you ten bucks, and I encourage anybody else that's using it to do the same.

Once the multi-table bug is fixed, I'd like to see:
1) Aggression Stats
2) Table Averages
3) C/R stat fixed
4) Colors based on stat value
5) Slightly larger icons
6) Set # of decimal places per stat, or just display integers

Once again, awesome job!
Old 11-13-2004, 05:22 PM

Default Re: A free heads up display - LOOKING FOR A TESTER

Someone who is having this bug and doesn't mind dicking around for a bit with a test executable please download:
Test version

You'll need to rename it PlayerViewNET.exe and copy it over your existing version.

Please either post here with results or IM me on AIM sn l0lnix.

Sorry I can't test it because I can't get it to happen on my computer, couldn't get it to happen even with 12 tables.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2004, 05:30 PM

Sounds like you have come up with a very useful tool Amir. Nice work! As soon as I get some time at the computer I am going to see about getting this bad boy up and running. Thanks!
Old 11-13-2004, 05:42 PM

I have been trying out the program and must WOW. At first it seemed perfect, but then the duplicate data crept in. It was sporadic, one update would show duplicates for a few hands and then another update the numbers would be correct. Once, when I noticed the duplicates, I forced an update and that immediately fixed the duplicates values.

One concern, when you set the table layout and position the stats everything looks fine. However, when you set at a table the name box is moved (varys, depending on what seat you take) and the stats are not displayed in the correct positions anymore. I put some above and some below the name box. Maybe not having it display your own stats would be a fix. I was seated in seat ONE and could no see my cards well enough to make out what they were through the stats text at first.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:44 PM

Looks like whatever you did fixed it. I've been plating for about 10 minutes and its cleared up. Nice work.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:02 PM

Great! Thanks for the response, also thanks Illunious!
Old 11-13-2004, 06:04 PM

It does not display your own stats by default Theres something else going on there, why don't you give me an IM or a PM and we'll talk about it.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:26 PM

I used the test version as well and it works just dandy now. No stat swapping or both with the same displays.

Vern
Old 11-13-2004, 06:28 PM

Ok, after paying a little more atention I see that the stats are not mine. Because the name box was moved I could not see the number of hands without looking really hard. The stats were close enough to what my stats to look right, but the number of hands is WAY OFF. Anyway, I am going to try the patch you just put out and see if that helps the duplicate data problem.

Another thought: I assume that the PT database is used as an initial point of reference for the stats and that the program parses the HHF files on the HD to update the stats as you play. Would it be possible to stop using the PT DB after a designated number of hands so that you see what the "current" table stats are. I mean, once you have been at a table for 30 - 50 hands or so, the current stats might mean more than the combined past/current stats.