Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 01:36 PM

Default $2-4 and $3-6 ring games. Pot Limit Question

Hey guys. I have a question on low limit ring games. When the pot is say $24 and its $4. Would the correct way of calculating pot odds would be to call if you think or have better than a 6-1 chance of making your hand? Do pot odds work the same at low limit games? I'm only a tourney player, but have recently gotten into Low Limit games.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: $2-4 and $3-6 ring games. Pot Limit Question

Depends what you mean when you say 'the pot is $24'. If you mean the pot is 24 including the opponent's bet, then yes. If you are better than 6:1 to make your hand on the next card and that hand will guarantee that you win the pot, then you should call. If you meant it was $24 before he bet, then you have to add his bet to the pot to make $28 and then you only need to be better than 7:1 to make your hand on the next card.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:44 PM

OH sorry. I meant if the pot was $20 and he bet 4. The reason I ask is because I was playing earlier and I had a four flush after the flop (A high). There was a few callers and pre raises. So the pot was $48 and it was $4 bet to me and I called and missed. Then on the river it was $8 to me and the pot was $84 and I caught the river, and we bet out after the river and the pot was around $110. I won the and the guy kept saying how awful I was. I kept writing are you kidding me? The odds were w/ me both times. He wouldn't shut up.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OH sorry. I meant if the pot was $20 and he bet 4. The reason I ask is because I was playing earlier and I had a four flush after the flop (A high). There was a few callers and pre raises. So the pot was $48 and it was $4 bet to me and I called and missed. Then on the river it was $8 to me and the pot was $84 and I caught the river, and we bet out after the river and the pot was around $110. I won the and the guy kept saying how awful I was. I kept writing are you kidding me? The odds were w/ me both times. He wouldn't shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just don't talk, or listen, at the table. Problem solved.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:08 PM

nh