Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Battle of the blinds - does hand reading go out the window?

6th hand on this table. I've played with villian before and don't recall anything extraordinary about him, but looking at PT now shows him as 65/11 over 200 hands.

(Looking back at the hand histories also shows a hand where he stole from the cutoff with J2o and took the pot with a continuation bet - though I had no recollection of this during the hand)

My main question is my river play where I felt I had no idea what he had but called merely based on the strength of my hand. This logic seems just plain wrong, especially when villian could come in with a very wide range of hands from the SB (putting me on a steal). What hands do I beat on the river that bet this large? Do i need to use this thought process or just shove it in? Anyone think I should be raising the turn?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (4 handed) converter

Hero ($413.10)
UTG ($75.10)
Button ($378.40)
SB ($561.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, SB calls $10.

Flop: ($28) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, SB calls $20.

Turn: ($68) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $40</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $120</font>, Hero calls $80.

River: ($308) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $407.45 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $259.10 (All-In).

Final Pot: $974.55