Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 07:44 PM

Default AA in a monster pot

very loose table but nobody is that aggressive except for preflop 3-better who is short stacked. Even then he is only LAG pre-flop, his post flop numbers are relatively tame.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Ok, 7 in for a preflop cap, i realize there is no way to protect this on the flop until the player to my right bets into me. Even then my raise won't knock anyone out but a three bet from the tilter to my left might. So I raise and he ends up three betting but it drives nobody away.

Flop: (29 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

I forgo the cap just because I was hoping to raise the player to my right's turn bet and maybe drive people out then, was this correct?

Turn: (23.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero ???...

The player to my right is pretty passive and his bet set up my plan to raise but the flush card came. I figured I could raise here and in case nobody has the flush now but are still drawing to it on the river. His three bet tells me i'm probably drawing dead. Do I lay it down here?

How was my play up to this point?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: AA in a monster pot

I'd cap the flop, make those drawing hands pay...

Too much money in the pot to fold to the turn reraise, crying call down methinks.

RH
Old 08-01-2005, 09:05 PM

You're dead. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2005, 09:32 PM

Ya, you're dead but always remember what Mr. Sklansky told ya in that folding in a huge pot with a small chance of winning is a big mistake. Just call down and try to avoid getting on tilt.