Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 07:38 PM

Default AK for TPTK on 4flush board...

Any place for value bet on river? Any other way to play it?

MP3 is VPIP 45, PFR 6, postflop 0.5 (110 hands)
BB is LP-P (classic)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls.

River: (12.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
Old 08-01-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: AK for TPTK on 4flush board...

Seems like villain either has a weak heart or no heart at all, bet river
Old 08-01-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has a heart, he calls and you lose one BB. If he has no heart he folds and you gain zero BB. If this be so then river bet = -EV.

Put it another way, I think you're going to lose &gt;50% of the time your river bet is called here.

RH
Old 08-01-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when you bet on the river is the passive villan folding his heart? because i know he isnt calling with one or two lower pairs

EDIT: like 5 seconds to, [censored]
Old 08-01-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has a heart, he calls and you lose one BB. If he has no heart he folds and you gain zero BB. If this be so then river bet = -EV.

Put it another way, I think you're going to lose &gt;50% of the time your river bet is called here.

RH

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played lots of hands when it is 4suited on the board, where I don't have the flush but a hand like top two or a set, where the villain calls a bet with top pair, no flush on the river. On the other hand, any flush calls too. So maybe this bet is -ev, but I'm not completely convinced that it isn't +EV
Old 08-01-2005, 08:55 PM

i can see this happening if its checked through the turn and hero bets on the river, but when someones betting the whole way on a four flush villan is either auto check/calling because he wants to see if his low heart is good or drawing to who knows what. either way i dont see villan calling you with hands you beat enough to make this +ev
Old 08-01-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RH

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played lots of hands when it is 4suited on the board, where I don't have the flush but a hand like top two or a set, where the villain calls a bet with top pair, no flush on the river. On the other hand, any flush calls too. So maybe this bet is -ev, but I'm not completely convinced that it isn't +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I seen a few of them too. But do you think that's happening &gt;50% of the time in this situ? I just think villian has a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] too often.

RH
Old 08-01-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RH

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I seen a few of them too. But do you think that's happening &gt;50% of the time in this situ? I just think villian has a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] too often.

RH

[/ QUOTE ]

we're [censored] even