Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 03:23 PM

Default AKo-AQo - missplayed both?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds.

River: (11.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

The second one is played really stupid isnt it?
First one, Im up against aces or kings or a stupid player right? Good fold?
Old 07-03-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: AKo-AQo - missplayed both?

[ QUOTE ]
Hero folds

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of those folds are amazingly terrible. First hand, you should have 3bet the flop and led the turn. And capped preflop

Second hand, I might 3bet preflop, depdending on what I thought of the raiser. At the very least you have to call that one down, if not leading the turn, and calling down a raise (my choice).

If you fold like this, your win rate will be in the toilet.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:37 PM

Hand 1: preflop ok, depending on a read of Villan you can cap, but probably not always. Flop, g00t, call and wait to pop him on the turn. Turn, check ready to rai...what what WHAT?! FOLD?! No, no, no. What do you think Villan is playing here?

Hand 2: preflop, meh, you can raise but you don't have to. Ace flops, good aggression, you're already losing players, might as well try to get it heads-up. And on the turn you...uh, what, again? At the very least you call this down, but I see no reason to think you're behind.

Holy moly. The term weak-tight is too mild to describe these folds. Give us an idea of what hand ranges you were putting the Villans on.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:46 PM

Hand #1: I 3-bet the flop. We're only behind KK, or AA, and if I were MP1 I would play TT-QQ and AK the same way. Consequently, the turn would play differently. Don't fold the turn. Folding is terrible. This is .5/1 for god's sake, a lot of different hands will 3 bet preflop.

Hand #2: Any reads on the CO? What kind of hands will he cap the flop with? You may be up against a set or two pair, but if you're up against 2 pair like A4 (or something awful like that, even 94 sometimes), then you have more outs than you realize to improve. I call down. Calling down in a 10+ BB pot as an underdog is part of how you win money at this game.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: preflop, meh, you can raise but you don't have to.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-03-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both of those folds are amazingly terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-03-2005, 04:30 PM

The OP should not be 3-betting with AQo from the SB if he's going to fold when he flops top pair.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:08 PM

Yikes, I really misread the preflop action in the second hand.

I thought he was saying that raising AQo in general was optional.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:03 PM

Not only are these bad folds because the pot is to big and you may have the best hand. But folding like this teaches your opponents that they can buy pots from you. Yes even at .5/1 players do still pay some attention if they see you raising preflop but then dropping every turn, they will get aggressive on you, which puts you in more of these spots, and thus the vicious cycle that was my first few months online will happen to you too.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:10 PM

First hand:

It really looks like MP1 holds a premium pair, but he could have AK as well.

This pot is huge, getting 10 to 1 on your call I dont really see how you can't call down, even though it looks pretty certain you are beat.

Second Hand:

On the flop you could have also checked hoping to raise once villain bet. But the flop turned out pretty good for you.

Again, this is another huge pot. You have to call it down.