Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Standard Flop checkraise?

Loose passive B&M $4-8
UTG & UTG+1 are almost the worst I'd ever seen. Unreadable.
BB was a definate shark.
the rest a collection of loose/tight passives.

Hero is SB 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero raises, all call
(with 99 and 6 already committed I consider this a value raise. Would you agree?)

Flop14 SB)7 plrs T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, checked to Button who bets, Hero raises, 5 folds, button calls
I would have folded had there been a lot of action on this flop, but since there wasn't I put half these guys on draws, and they had to go.
Turn: (9BB) 2 plyrs Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets, Button calls
I'm betting primarily to fold him. I might have folded to a raise here, depending on my read, but nope he just called.

River: (11BB) 2 plyrs 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets, Button calls
Still didn't fold. I felt this was definately there 10% of the time.

I liked this hand, I lost to T4o but I would do it again.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Standard Flop checkraise?

Yup, that flop c/r is pretty standard, that is if you know that LP people will bet. I don't usually raise pf because although you probably have some slight equity that is negated enough by your position. Because you raised pf I would just consider leading because even though you may not have the best hand you have a few outs and you can't be sure that the c/r will work unless you know someone in LP will bet. On the river I check to him because that gives him the chance to bet his busted flushdraw or pair of 8's which he could fold if you bet here. You pick up an extra bet if he folds his garbage, but bets to try and pick up the pot on the end. Or I may just bet like you sometimes depending on the read if I think he calls what we beat and checks through worse hands.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:38 AM

I've always raised here preflop if the limpers tend to be really bad (ie they are limping with K6, any two suited, Ax ect.) basicly if they are limping with these type of hands, I feel like its a must raise because i have lots of equity. If the limpers are likely to hold overcards, I tend not to raise here.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:56 AM

I just tried to search, but to no avail. There was a thread awhile back where Entity and stheif both agreed that the equity edge you are pushing with 99 and worse pf with many loose limpers in already just isn't worth it because of the difficult time you will most often have playing that hand OOP postflop.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:55 AM

With a collection of loose/tight passives, as you described them, and with FIVE LIMPERS, I'm raising this preflop. There passiveness makes playing middle pairs more easily. Also, get the tighties now while you have a chance.

I like your line in the hand, but I would have checked the river. You have a passive player who bets out a Ten high semi-coordinated board and then calls your raise and who goes on to call you again wen the turn springs forth a Q. I would have slowed down and seen the river for free, as I believe it would be very likely that villain would have checked behind, unless he had J9.