Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Am I missing really obviuos leaks? Stats Post

My winrate at 1/2 has sucked since the beginning of February. I feel like I should be winning more than 1/100. Am I missing anything obvious here? I know I should be raising more preflop and I think my went to showdown isn't high enough, but is there anything else? I'm sorry for the stats post, but I'm pulling my hair out at this point. Thank you.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Old 05-20-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Am I missing really obviuos leaks? Stats Post

ok. personally, i think you are losing a lot of value by being so tight. and yes, raise more pf.
and steal more blinds.
and you don't go to showdown enough
and you're likely folding a lot of winning hands.

and also post your positional stats...
Old 05-20-2005, 12:35 PM

Thanks. I've been thinking that I'm laying down too many hands but I can't seem to stop doing it. Here are my positional stats.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:39 PM

Also, here's the type of hand I'm having problems with. I probably shouldn't be laying this one down on the turn, but I couldn't figure what they'd be calling with other than a king or a 9.
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB
Old 05-20-2005, 12:41 PM

bet the turn.
[ QUOTE ]
but I couldn't figure what they'd be calling with other than a king or a 9.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is counterproductive thinking! you must know by now that they do call down often with complete garbage, right?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:49 PM

You are way too tight. I think the VPIP you have at 1/2 6-max should be your VPIP at your full ring games.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:55 PM

Bet the turn. If you get raised, then you might consider the merits of folding (depending on how passive/aggressive the raiser is). But so far you've been given no evidence that you're behind. Your opponents could also have any pocket pair, a gutshot draw, or any Ace.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:59 PM

Hey man, those numbers look a lot like mine did during my crappy too tight phase. You have some loosening up to do.

edit: 13.88% at .5/1 is way way way too tight.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:11 PM

You are a fit or fold rock. This will not produce a high winrate.

Your VP$IP could easily be 8% higher.

Your went to showdown could be up to 10% higher. (this is the stat that is most telling. You are folding a ton of eventual winners.)

You don't raise enough pf. It looks like you might not be taking position into consideration a la isolation raises/ 3-bets and blind stealing.

W$aSD is too high. This means you don't keep anybody honest by checking out what they have. You might be folding winners in big pots, the cardinal sin of limit HE.

Lastly your aggression is a mirage. All the folding your doing is making you look aggressive when you really should be taking pot odds and implied odds into consideration and peeling (calling) more than you do on the flop and turn. When you start seeing more showdowns and chasing more draws this number will go down and your winrate will go up.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:03 PM

Thanks all, I'm going to drop back to .50-1 for 10K hands and see if I can start playing looser and more agressively. I may drop down to three tables. I think that trying to bonus whore too much has hurt my game. I aslo ran hot when I first started 1-2 and some 2-4 and was in denial about needing to improve. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to look at my stats.