Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Some answers to the requests

Hi Lee,

Thanks again for taking the time to participate in this thread. Any chance that Harrington's HOH books can be made available in the FPP store?
Old 10-27-2005, 03:14 AM

Hi Lee,

To echo the others, thanks again for taking the time to answer so many questions and share future plans. I divide my time between party/stars/ub and play more on party due to game selection at bigger stakes, but would rather play on stars and hope the base keeps increasing so I can.

I would like to make a suggestion regarding the draw games that you are developing. Besides the obvious triple draw games that I would love to see, I think the best implementation of high draw would be to spread only pot-limit 6-max games. Limit hi-draw really blows because effective bluffing is taken away by the limit format. But pot-limit hi draw is a traditional american format and is spread on other sites like planet and also on 24h where I have played it. I would love to see that format if possible.

Regards
Old 10-27-2005, 03:17 AM

If you play shorthanded, the actual numbers are even better than the ones that lee quotes. If you have r*keb*ck, it's probably in your best interest to play party. But depending on which limit you play and how short you play, it can be really damn close. Especially considering Party's 6handed rake raise this year. And the VIP program may push it over the edge.

Most players don't really do the research to see how exactly rake hits them. All they know is that they are getting a fat check at the end of the month.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:34 AM

Hey Lee Jones...
Awesome ...thanks for being serious and responding. It seems other poker rooms could learn alot from your example.

BTW-Thanks for writing WLLH...it got me started in my profitable career.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:42 AM

If you add 8% for FPPs to the lower rake then the deal on Stars is about the same or better than your RB on Party.

Add to that that you are getting this up-front and not dependent on some affiliate who might not deliver and it looks even better.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:56 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Lee,

Thanks again for taking the time to participate in this thread. Any chance that Harrington's HOH books can be made available in the FPP store?

[/ QUOTE ]

I already asked this and the answer I got was that as Harrington doesn't want to sign the books, they won't be offering them (but you can get a Moneymaker's poster. He has no problem signing them).
Publicity is apparently placed higher than quality.
And BTW I already told them that nobody gives a **** about the graffities in the book.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Q1: Tournament information in the hand histories (HH) to improve information from Poker{Office,Tracker}
Q4: I wish the HHs would mention that the play was on a six-max table.

A1: We're in touch with the developers of both those products. Depending on how those negotiations go, we may be able to provide more information in the HHs.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of "negotiations" are required to add "6 max" to the HH file?

[ QUOTE ]
A6: We're working on a significant redesign of the lobby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily the most important thing you can do, other than rakeback. It's insane that I can't select "First Open Table" at a given limit. Having to join each table individually is a huge drawback to your software.

[ QUOTE ]
how'd you like to trade your FPPs for a WSOP, PokerStars Caribbean Adventure or European Poker Tour package?

[/ QUOTE ]

How many FPPs are we talking here? A billion?
Old 10-27-2005, 11:29 AM

"If you want some anecdotal evidence to give your marketing people, I haven't played much at Stars lately because I want rakeback and have been playing at Full Tilt which has a similar rake structure to Stars for NL games at least. I've also been playing at UB as a secondary site, but I don't really like them and have been planning to look for another place. If you make this VIP thing work then FullTilt will be my secondary site and most of my play will be yours"

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I don't play Stars because I can get rakeback almost anywhere else. Lee - you say your rake less. That might be true for LOWER games (and notice how you have a lot of low games compared to mid limit games). But once you hit 5-10 and higher every pot is pretty much raked the max so the rake come out pretty much the same as Party (and other sites) except most of us get 25-35% rakeback at other sites. What about your SNG's you ask?? Well if i play 400 SNG's at 215 buy-in that's 6000 in rake to the house. 1500 of it comes back to me. You SNG's are 210+15 it's the same 15 dollar vig (ok it covers 10 extra dollars). You can argue it's a $1 discount on the buy-in but I'm getting $3.75 per back!!

FFP points you say worth 5-8% discount on rake do they really? Last week I looked at entering 10K points. 177 people for 3 seats. Comes out to about $165-170 value per player. BUT what about the time it takes to play it? Well if it's 3 hours to play it then it's not even worth it because there is just no value in it anymore.

All I'm saying if this program is any good you will be getting much more action on your mid limit games and higher buy-in SNG's. I think giving out packages for points is a great idea especially for ESPN events because then you'll have a lot of people wearing gear (much much more than now and it's a lot now which will give you even more marketing power). Huge prize pool for Atlantis is a plus too which it will be if you start offering it for FPP...

absolutely love your site but very rarely play there.
berya
Old 10-27-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well if it's 3 hours to play it then it's not even worth it because there is just no value in it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

try 7 hours.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:23 PM

This is all well and good, but I think the main issue with Poker Stars is that there is not enough fish. Without taking the ease of the competition into account, Poker Stars is and always has been best online poker room. But correct me if I'm wrong but PS still is among the toughest rooms on the net. Seeing as game selection is(or should be) a huge part of any serious poker player's game, how does Poker Stars plan on bringing the fish to their site?
Closed Thread